Jim Carrey Online

Interview: Ewan McGregor

Discuss this movie. Filmed April 29-June 30, 2008
Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Interview: Ewan McGregor

Postby TNPihl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Interesting interview with McGregor on the magazine OUT.

http://www.out.com/detail.asp?page=2&id=26508

Ewan tells Out magazine why he thinks the film, a hit at the 2009 Sundance fest, has been delayed in release.

First, there's a lot of sex. A lot of gay sex. And part of the delay may have been due to Carrey's holiday movie, "A Christmas Carol."

"There was talk that Disney fended off the release until after 'A Christmas Carol' came out. They didn't want kids thinking [Carrey's] Ebenezer Scrooge was a bender," he tells Out.

Some have said it's not a gay movie. But McGregor disagrees. "It's about a gay couple, about a man's sexuality, and he comes out. It's not the point of the film, but let's not pretend it's not a gay film."

Gay or straight, it's the love story that fascinates McGregor. "I like playing someone who's falling in love because I like the sensation of it. People do extraordinary things when they're falling in love."

At the end of the article they write a new release date. Wondering if they have changed the date again again again:
April 23, 2010 :?
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby mysticwryter » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:14 am

Is the church getting involved with the release of this film now, since they almost control everything we do anyways....
Schmoyoho-oh-oh-oh accent on the YO!
mysticwryter
Bruce Almighty

Return to (2010) I Love You Phillip Morris