Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome JCOs Playground

Jim Carrey Ends 25-Year Run With Managers

All games, quizzes, and other fun 'spam' (not advertisements) goes here!

Jim Carrey Ends 25-Year Run With Managers

Postby Veysel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 pm

Jim Carrey Ends 25-Year Run With Managers Eric Gold And Jimmy Miller
EXCLUSIVE: One of the longestrunning shows in Hollywood is coming to a close. Jim Carrey will no longer be managed by Eric Gold and Jimmy Miller, the former partners who together have represented him for 25 years. They go back with Carrey to the beginning, when he was the rubber-faced white guy on In Living Color, the Keenen Ivory Wayans sketch comedy show for the Fox Network.

Carrey, Gold and Miller have confirmed this, and they’ve said that the split is amicable and that they will continue working together on a number of projects they have percolating.

“I would like to express my sincerest appreciation to my good pals Jimmy Miller and Eric Gold for many brilliant years of partnership,” Carrey said in a statement. “I look forward to us working together in other creative capacities and I’ll be eternally grateful to them for their dedication, their inventiveness and their friendship. It’s been an extraordinary journey so far and I look forward to the adventure that lies ahead. I know that for all of us, that too will be wonderful!”

Said Gold and Miller: “Jim Carrey has been our partner and brother in an amazing 25 years of his career. As a partner, we couldn’t have asked for more. As an artist, he is unparalleled. We will continue to partner and produce on a number of film, television and theater projects, with him. There’s not much more to say. It has been, and in some fashion will continue to be, one of the greatest rides ever.”

It has been quite a ride, and I’ve been fortunate enough to have covered most of it. This began when Carrey transferred his singular physical comedy skills to the big screen in the audacious and outrageous sleeper hit Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, and then followed with back to back $100 million grossers at New Line, The Mask and Dumb & Dumber. The latter got Carrey up to the $7 million mark in salary.

After that, Carrey, along with Gold, Miller and Carrey’s former agent Nick Stevens smartly bolstered Carrey’s international bankability by campaigning and winning the role of The Riddler while original choice Robin Williams hemmed and hawed, in Batman Forever. That perfectly positioned Carrey to catapult to a record salary of $20 million at Columbia Pictures for The Cable Guy. That role was going to be played by the late Chris Farley, but Carrey was so hot that then studio head Mark Canton wouldn’t be denied. Because every top star who’d been making $15 million a picture got an instant raise, none of Canton’s peers would let him forget it.

After that, Carrey began mixing in edgy parts in films like The Truman Show, Man On The Moon and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind. They smartly interspersed those films with comic hits like Liar, Liar, Bruce Almighty, Me, Myself & Irene and How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Not everything he made was a hit, but this has been one of the great star careers of the past 20 years and both Miller and Gold built strong businesses around Carrey.

Carrey, who remains repped by WME, is currently starring in Dumb And Dumber To, and he just released his first children’s book How Roland Rolls, which received the Gelett Burgess Award, an honor bestowed on children’s books.
source : http://www.deadline.com/tag/jimmy-miller/
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Re: Jim Carrey Ends 25-Year Run With Managers

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Really?

I'm shocked to be honest.
Don't know what do make of this... :?
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff