Jim Carrey Online

Chris Columbus is taking on Ripleys?

Postby Rosita » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I agree with you Grinchy Steve... I thought Jim will be perfect for this movie...but now, probably it's going to be just a regular movie without anything special in
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color, choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable!
Rosita
A Christmas Carol

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:45 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I wouldn't say that about Burton. Yes, I'm a bit sick of the combination Depp (with funny hair) and Burton, but beside that, they do make good movies. (one better then the other) But the looks and style of his 'Wonka' or 'Sweeney' are different enough, imo. Also, the tone of his movies are (mostly) different. But I understand your feeling ... when I saw 'Sweeney' I had the feeling I saw it all before.

When I first saw the trailer for 'Big Fish' a long, long time ago, the first thing that came in my head (I remember that) was the fact that Jim Carrey was absolutely perfect for the role. (I thought McGregror wasn't right for that one) So 'Ripley' with Carrey and Burton could have been something special. I think. Now, with the new man in, it's nothing to be exited about.

Yes, losing Burton was a huge blow to the potential of this movie. I've seen almost everyone of his movies and most are good, some do have repeating styles, but I like it.

I pictured Ripley's as having the style of Big Fish when I first heard of Burton and Jim and the plot of the movie.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Never underestimate the power of Jim....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm sure if he's in it, his influence will be there.
You have to look at Ripley and what he did to have every household name know who he was.
Perhaps he too was caught up like Elvis and Marilyn in the hype of the media. What would have been his goals when he started, what made him what he was and how did he die sooo young, 58 is relatively young, how did it all culminate all together.?
Should be a very interesting story.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm

Absolutely CJ.......I kinda think for directors to get the best out of Jim, they have to see it as a collaboration..... :D Jim is famous for immersing himself in his characters. One of my favourite things to watch is the Olaf 'screentest', you can see which elements ended up being kept ..... :D ....awesome fun to watch!

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Jim is a master in his acting and character...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:49 pm

assimilation.
I know he will do well with this one, hopefully the makers will allow him
to give some of his creative imput on this one.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:55 pm

if they don't it'll be their loss..........they'd be very blinkered not to give Jim a good degree of creative freedom. :lol: ...the man's like a bird, he needs his freedom.... :D

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 pm

A bit off-topic maybe, but today I saw the first new images from 'Where the Wild Things are', you know, the new Spike Jonze. And ... They are amazing! Simply amazing! I now realise what a loss both Burton and Spike were for this movie ... the Potter-dude better do good!
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby chips and dip » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:19 am

We all know the director is a big deal. But when it comes right down to it, geuss who's in the starring role? Jim. I mean would you rather have Tim Burton and not have Jim Carrey? No matter who the director is, Jim's going to bring that special spark that he has. Besides, Chris Columbus is a pretty good director. I'm still really excited about the movie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:42 am

There's absolutely no doubt that Jim can lift up the thing with his performance. But a great performance in the vision of a great director resulting in a great film, thát would be ... well, great. As I said before, Colombus is OK for movies that look more ususal and mainstream, but this could have been something special. If it had to be a Potter-dude, I would have gone for the director of 'Azkaban'. We'll see, we'll see.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:59 am

If Jim is allowed to shine then i'm pretty confident the movie will be great! :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Okay, now that I've seen the trailer for "Where the Wild Things Are" (I'm stunned, it's wonderfull!) I'm sure that Spike Jonze is a huge loss for this movie. No doubt. Please, bring him back! [-o< It would be good for the movie, would be good for us and would be good for Jim.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:48 pm

I was pumped when I heard Spike Jonze was going to direct, he's one of my favorite directors. Burton and Jonze have been huge blows.

Now I hear this is going to be like an adventure movie and not a bio? Are they going to turn this into something like Land of the Lost/Journey to the Center of the Earth? Sounds like it.

I'm now not looking forward to this movie at all. Sorry.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:53 pm

I agree. If they take it the "Land of the Lost" of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" way, it could be good for his carreer when you think about money and box-office results ... but that's not the reason I watch movies. I'm hoping for a good movie, that's all. But as I said many times before ... I'm afraid that the studio (and with this director attached) isn't going for that.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:56 pm

lol...........by the time this film gets made Jim will be playing Robert Ripleys dad...........lol...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby g6471 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:08 am

fluffy wrote:lol...........by the time this film gets made Jim will be playing Robert Ripleys dad...........lol...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!!! :lol:
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

PreviousNext

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not