Jim Carrey Online

Can You Believe It?

Postby g6471 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:20 pm

This is NOT official Yet, It was repotted by one source and is far from confirmed.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:26 pm

But. Usualy, when a rumor like that comes around, It doesn't take a day or 3 before there's a sort of an official word out there saying the rumor ain't true. But here, nothing. Nothing at all.

I hate this status of filming! :evil:
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm

:( ..........awe all the uncertainty must be really getting all the production team down, let alone Jim.... :( ......folks jobs depend on the outcome ...i hope they get an answer soon......

fluffy [-o<
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby g6471 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:33 pm

New York Times still citing TB as director. From Yesterday

Hollywood Scrambles as Strike Looms
By Michael Cieply

...Though it’s unclear whether the forthcoming contract expirations of the entertainment industry’s writers, actors and directors will lead to a work stoppage over the next year, Hollywood is nonetheless frantically hedging its bets.

Producers, executives, agents and filmmakers are aware that even a hard-working star can most likely squeeze in no more than two movies before June 30 of next year, when the last of the deals end. After that date no studio wants to be caught with filming on its schedule, especially under expensive “pay or play” deals. (Such arrangements require companies to pay actors or others even if the movie isn’t made.)

And that has turned moviedom’s midsummer months into an unusually tense season. Deal makers are frantically trying to line up top actors for their presumed two-picture limit, even as they try to avoid thinking about the inevitable vacuum that will come after the contract expiration dates, with or without a strike, because no films are being set to shoot next July...

The squeeze can be particularly painful for directors, who can easily invest 18 months in preparing, shooting and refining a picture, and may find themselves out of work for a year or more if they do not pin down studio, star and script in the next few weeks...

In another closely watched decision, Jim Carrey, who is represented by the Creative Artists Agency, has been juggling at least three contenders for his presumed two slots. One, “Believe It or Not!,” would come from Paramount, with the director Tim Burton...
Given that major feature films require months of preproduction and may require 16 weeks or more in front of the camera, the “be prepared” spirit means that most big casting choices for the next two years’ film schedule will soon have been made.

And Hollywood won’t have much to talk about come spring, except labor negotiations, politics and the weather.

“Next year at Cannes, it’s going to be dead,” said Mr. Whitesell, referring to the telephone action that usually connects Hollywood festivalgoers with business at home. “I mean dead.”
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:42 pm

oh bugger.........i knew we should hold fire b4 reporting it......that's why i didn't do the article..... :roll:........what will the strike mean though??...how long is it planned for???...... :shock:

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby g6471 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:01 pm

IF Burton IS out, Some good news. The Guy who directed "Eternal Sunshine" is in talks to direct RBON>Michel Gondry

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0327273/
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:24 pm

omg that would be wonderful.............i love his stuff............it's got so much charm and playfulness without being OTT ostentatious........... :D
paws crossed..... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Previous

Return to (????) Ripley's Believe It or Not