Jim Carrey Online

Damn Yankees update: Todd Graff to direct

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby lammy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:04 am

Jim can sing and act at the same time...is how good he is. :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Can she sing?
Kate has a lovely voice........she sings in Romance and Cigarettes and had a big chart hit with 'What If'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsZZQeBJo50

I think Scarlett might be a better choice though........ :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Imo Scarlett would be a total miscast. Sorry for that. :(

Kate Winslet sure can sing, she did it before. And she can play anything, realy ... I'd love to see her in this role. She has the voice, the skills, the vibe, the talent, the comedic talent, the ... she's has it all. :D She would rock with the red hair and the attitude. And ofcours, she had a realy good chemistry with Carrey before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAaxeyGkCIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei57e5s3YWI

Yeah, 'Romance & Cigarettes' is a bit weird. ;)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jimliker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:47 pm

there is a pic here, but i m not able to paste the link here:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Ente ... 211283.cms

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby 123Dan123 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Yeah Scarlett doesn't seem like the right fit for this movie. I wonder if they'll be able to sign Winslet. Not sure how much money they have to throw around (still need a director too).

So maybe we should discuss who should direct? IMHO if I were to cast a director it would be Burton. He did a great job with the Sweeney Todd Broadway musical.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Tim Burton is a very good director, but I have the feeling Musical isn't what he's best in. "Sweeney Todd" was good, sure, but nog one of the greatest in the genre. Burton can play with colors and settings and all that stuff, but for a musical it wasn't all that alive, you know. They were singing and the camera just kinda stood there, musical should be a world where everything is happening when people sing ... and here the visual part was a bit, well, boring. That realy suprised me with a man like Burton behind it. Same was going on in Charlie and the Chocolat Factory at some times.

The thing is that most of the real musical-director's are already six feet under. I wonder how it would be if someone like Henry Selick (Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline) to make a live-action musical. (and then I think of 'Monkeybone', yuk) Or how about someone like -I know it's a weird choice- Brad Bird? He has a great vision. His animated things (The Iron Giant, Ratatouille, Incredibles, Best Simpsons episodes ever) look like there realy was a cinematographer, director and camera at the place working on the best shots. I'm just thinking out loud. Ofcours, I would like to see a name like David Fincher, Sam Mendes or whatever attached to this ... but how will they do with the genre?

Maybe Rob Marshall? That could work, no? He nailed it with 'Chicago' and is now working on 'Nine'. Who's in it? Daniel Day Lewis, ladies and gentleman. Also Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudson, Judi Dench, Penélope Cruz, Sophia Loren, Stacy Ferguson (Fergie) and Marion Cotillard. I have to say WOW! on that.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby 123Dan123 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:02 pm

I thought Burton did a nice modern twist on a musical movie. I don't know, that's just me, I enjoyed it a lot.

But yeah I agree, I'd like to see the director of Nightmare do this.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm

lol........i appreciate Tim Burtons genius but i just don't enjoy watching his stuff much. It's very emo/goth like and he's stuck in that rutt....nothing changes........ :roll:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

I think this'll be a great remake....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:43 pm

As I listened to the Theatre Version, the songs would be better at a faster pace. The thing I liked in the Theater was the big bed but it should have been a water bed, more fun to bounce on, don't know if it would work though.
Lola should be played by Jennifer Lopez, she would be great, that's my opinion. Great singer, I think she could do the dancing also quite well, maybe try and bring Jake in on the attempt. This could be really funny if done right.
I liked the film version better.
I think it could be done very successfully if done right.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:02 am

If Jennifer Lopez is playing in it, it might be the first Jim Carrey movie I'm not going to see with my arms wide open to embrace the movie. She's anything but a good actress, she can sing (I think), but hell ... let her stay away from Hollywood. But I respect your opinion, Canadian Jane. ;) If you feel like she's right, I'm not gonna take that away from you. :)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:07 am

Lopez made a great Selena........she'd be a good choice for Lola...... :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Get Jennifer L to talk to the greats ...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:32 am

Sophia Loren and Raquel Welch and Jennifer will do just fine.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:19 am

www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Pffff ... Again a project that I lost faith in. His previous movies are mediocre in every possible way. I was realy hoping for Rob Marshall. All the other projects I lost faith in were of the list after a while ... bad sign?
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby TNPihl » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Wonder when they will film it. Looks like Jake has some projects in near future.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies