Jim Carrey Online

The Riddler Could Be Main Villain In Next Batman Movie

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby Twigggy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:05 am

I think Jim as the Riddler again would be interesting, but I honestly don't see it happening. Nolan's Batmans are completely different to Joel Schumacher's movies, and Nolan tried to completely re-invent the franchise, so Jim playing the Riddler again wouldn't even vaguely be considered a "sequel" or Jim covering "old territory" in my humble opinion. From what I hear - and maybe somebody here can confirm this - Nolan was more accurate to the comic book than the directors to the other Batmans were. One question I have, though, is how old was the Riddler supposed to be? Wasn't he supposed to be a kid? No, not a "kid," but a young, geeky man or something? If that's the case, Jim is way too old to play the Riddler....
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 pm

carreypunkrawker wrote:
123Dan123 wrote:Ruuummooor.

It's not going to happen.

you got any sources to back that up? just curious. forgot to ask in that last post. didn't mean to shoot you down so fast!

Sources for what? It's a rumor that I don't think will come true. It's just the producers throwing names around, just like they said Philip Seymour Hoffman is going to be the Penguin when Christopher Nolan has said in past interviews that the Penguin doesn't fit into this Batman series because he wants it to be realistic--Penguin isn't.

Nolan hasn't even signed on to the 3rd film, and when he does he'll have a big say of who will be acting. The script hasn't even been started yet too.

I doubt he uses Depp as The Riddler and I'm 99% sure there will be no Penguin--based on past interviews.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 pm

ok. good backup! it does sound like they are throwing names around too. Johnny Depp probably reads this stuff and laughs his ass off and says, "Me? as the Riddler? Yeah RIGHT!"

Right on, man. I see where you're coming from. I wish I saw it instead of being so gullible.
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby carreypunkrawker » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Twigggy wrote:I think Jim as the Riddler again would be interesting, but I honestly don't see it happening. Nolan's Batmans are completely different to Joel Schumacher's movies, and Nolan tried to completely re-invent the franchise, so Jim playing the Riddler again wouldn't even vaguely be considered a "sequel" or Jim covering "old territory" in my humble opinion. From what I hear - and maybe somebody here can confirm this - Nolan was more accurate to the comic book than the directors to the other Batmans were. One question I have, though, is how old was the Riddler supposed to be? Wasn't he supposed to be a kid? No, not a "kid," but a young, geeky man or something? If that's the case, Jim is way too old to play the Riddler....

yes, Nolan is definitely more accurate to the comic book than other directors, which is so awesome!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby g6471 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:12 pm

I would be very surprised of he played the riddler again.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby chips and dip » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:29 am

Not in a million years will I believe that Jims gonna play the Riddler again. Sorry.
Now I dont know how true the whole Depp thing is. But I do think he'd do a good job.
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:40 am

lol....awe, and i so wanted him to get back into that lycra costume again.... :lol: :lol: .....reprising the Riddler would be a step back though....Jim likes things fresh......

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Previous

Return to Upcoming Movies