Jim Carrey Online

The Riddler Could Be Main Villain In Next Batman Movie

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Yes, I agree

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:41 pm

It is a good idea. But also I think sometimes these new actors become great and get mixed up in all this stuff that requiresa rehab etc. There should be some kind of training, on how to actually cope with the enticings of the drug /alcoholic world, how to avoid it, getting involved in such things can just ruin their whole reputation as an actor not to mention their whole life, prevention is easier than the cure.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:06 pm

it's all those sycophants that hang around them......so many are druggies and dealers............the pressure must be horrific.........

fluffy :roll:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Yes, there should be a How to book for dummies.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:36 pm

that teaches how to avoid the like, how to spot em and what to do
to get them away from vulnerable people.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:02 pm

their 'team' should be tight enough to protect their 'star'........no wonder a lot of them stick to family members........but even then........ :roll:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

ya, what can ya do???

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Push me, pull you situation
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby sianlee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:25 am

I would really love it if they did ask Jim to play the riddler again.

But the likley hood of that? .. Never. I couldn't ask for anything more if they did cast him.

They'd look at his previous role and think "nope.. he can't do it, no bloody way". But they need to look at the number 23, he CAN play dark. The number 23 could have been done better but that was joels fault. The script would already be written for the next Batman movie and all Jim would need to do is read it. He could do it. It really sucks in a way because everyone always still thinks Jim is a funny guy. Yet his past 10 movies or something like that have been serious movies! He can do it!

Everyone here should know what Jim is capable off. You know the new Get Smart movie? Jim was supposed to be the lead role in that but the steve carrell dude got it instead. He could have done that. Everyone knows that he can do just about everything, but people have been telling me that "Jim wouldn't have been able to play the Get Smart guy like steve carrell could" Dude, if you ask me Jim definatly would have played it better than steve and he would have been able to do the accent to make it seem more authentic.

It is really bugging me that people are saying that Jim wouldn't be able to play certain characters, so what he's funny, but he's also serious. He has played funny, serious, dark, and sad (Eternal Sunshine).

Jim could play the Riddler in this. He could be dark.

But I tell you know there is a 100% certainty that he won't get it. Even though i'd love nothing more than for him to be hired to play the riddler again. At least then people would give him some recognition like when he was playing Ace Ventura and The Mask, insted of thinking "Oh.. is he still doing movies??".

You know what? I think they'll hire Johnny Depp..... I did like Johnny... but not anymore. Considering Jim was meant to be in a line up for a movie and the director dropped him for Depp because they have an ongoing relationship *rolls eyes*
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

I beleive that....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 pm

Jim could get any part he really wanted, if he worked at it hard and long enough.
I believe people already know he can play pretty well any part. He is now in a position to choose, when an actor gets to that point theyan have a better life to pick and choose and be able to have a life more maleable for family, friends and personal projects.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:54 pm

i think you've hit the nail on the head..... :D ......he doesn't need the money so he can call the shots........ :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 am

What do you mean by he doesnt need the money so he calls the shots? It's not really up to him... It's up to the directors. No doubt the directors would have no problem paying him or any other actor any amount of money.

Do you mean to say that Jim would have a better chance at getting it because he won't ask for much money therefore he'd be a more likely candidate than the other actors?

I still think it's not up to Jim, it's up to the director. The director has to ask him first and I think they're going to stay away from him unfortunatly :(
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:45 pm

nah........Jims one of the most powerful men in Hollywood....directors are tripping over themselves to get him onboard and Jim always has a lot of control and input....he doesn't just do what he's told like a good boy.. :wink: ...........he demands creative control and for it to work he needs to have that freedom to run with ideas.........that's what Tom , Brad and Joel did.......

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

directors are tripping over themselves to get him onboard

Whats Tim Burton doing then?lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:40 pm

he's too busy crawling up Depp's arse..... :lol: ........i doubt if Burton can function outside that precious Depp bubble he's created now.....lol

fluffy :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:18 pm

fluffy wrote:nah........Jims one of the most powerful men in Hollywood....directors are tripping over themselves to get him onboard and Jim always has a lot of control and input....he doesn't just do what he's told like a good boy.. :wink: ...........he demands creative control and for it to work he needs to have that freedom to run with ideas.........that's what Tom , Brad and Joel did.......

I don't believe that now. I believe the correct word would be was. I believe there are directors out there that wouldn't take him for a role even if it was for say, a million dollars. Same goes for any actor. He does definitly have more power than a lot of actors, but there are a lot of actors out there that have just as much power as him.

That's my un-biased view at it.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:51 pm

i do think he'd be a wild card though.....a challenge.......you'd need to get him under control and i can see how some directors would be put off.. :wink:

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:36 am

123Dan123 wrote:
fluffy wrote:nah........Jims one of the most powerful men in Hollywood....directors are tripping over themselves to get him onboard and Jim always has a lot of control and input....he doesn't just do what he's told like a good boy.. :wink: ...........he demands creative control and for it to work he needs to have that freedom to run with ideas.........that's what Tom , Brad and Joel did.......

I don't believe that now. I believe the correct word would be was. I believe there are directors out there that wouldn't take him for a role even if it was for say, a million dollars. Same goes for any actor. He does definitly have more power than a lot of actors, but there are a lot of actors out there that have just as much power as him.

That's my un-biased view at it.

Ah exactly my point. Jim was able to get what he wanted, but now alot of directors see him as a "has been". He could control what he wanted when Ace Ventura, the mask, and dumb and dumber were out... but now they can find better actors. (in their minds anyway). If Jim was one of the most influential man in hollywood then he would have gotten the part in the DaVinci Code as Silias and be reknown for his works in that movie (considering it was really popular), and better yet he could have ended up in Get Smart as he wanted to get into, but he didn't, Steve Carrell got it. The movies Jim Carrey is in now, just aren't as popular, they don't turn out as great as they could. And it's a real shame. Jim needs to try and get into one of those oscar kind of movies - Like the new batman series.

Though isn't really concentrating on that anymore, I think he's just making movies for the odds and ends which he says at one stage - he doesn't care about the money. So with that gone, I think his passion to try and get an oscar has gone too because otherwise he'd be trying his hardest to get into one of those movies. But Jim is getting on, and his real stardom was in the early 90's, and I think he thinks that it's time to settle down. When in fact I think he could be shining right now, he's got an excellent life at the moment with Evan and Jenny, I think he could use that as fuel to win an oscar in a great movie. :)
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies