Jim Carrey Online

Confirmed: Jason Reitman and Jim Carrey Movie

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby sianlee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:05 am

Oh this is funny, especially about the remark of steven speilberg and people not knowing many of his films. Here let me list a few and you tell me if you have HEARD of these films.

Back to the future
Saving private ryan
Schindlers list
The flinstones
Twister
Men in Black
Deep Impact
The mask of Zorro
Shrek
Evolution
Catch me if you can
Transformers
Jurassic Park
Hook
Indiana Jones movies
ET
JAWS - I surely think everyone knows that one

Ok now I listed those movies to prove that steven speilberg is quite known and people do know him for those movies because they were a HIT. When I hear now that steven speilberg directed a movie I go and see it, and so do many others when I tell them speilberg was involved.

Heh, his latest movie I think everyone knows about is Transformers, if you havent seen that or heard about it, well perhaps you're from the other side of the world where the light doesnt shine.

About the movie juno, the only reason why it was a success is because it was an emotional film, all those teenage films like shes the man and john tucker must die... etc etc etc... all prove a hit because all kids watch it. Tell me, was there a big hype towards the movie before it first premeiered? No. If its a BIG film - like davinci code, you have a really big hype. Sure it might have done well in the box, but so did Me, Myself & Irene (who recieved around the same amount of money). I loved that movie but it wasnt really a smash around the world. 100 grand or so isnt that much in the box, I mean man the cable guy was apparently a bad movie to most people, and that still did around 100 grand.

With regards to the tom shadyc remark, yeah sure that might have been a good movie, but the reason why alot of people wanted to see it? It had a good plot. Someone playing God. THis movie? Not a good plot, it seems rather plain. Like I said not unique. The mask was made 15 years ago? - Now that doesnt make sense, so what if it was made years ago, my point was that it had a great unique plot. Regardless of the age. Look at psycho, that was a good plot and it did well for way back when and still does now, even the amyativle horror (can never spell the name right).
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 am

um........i have to disagree about Juno Sianlee.....sorry hon :wink: .....

It was a big surprise hit to the whole industry.......it was never meant to be in the 'john Tucker must die' teen disposable flick mold.
It's an art house film, made on a tiny budget........but it received such amazing reviews that the whole industry took notice and the movie went into mass distribution.....Maybe it will reach AU soon.........
Reitman is still making a name for himself but Juno HAS put him to the forefront.........his star is rising, and i think it will be a great collaboration if Jim can refrain from bulldozing the bloke.......lol such is jims presence and charisma.... :wink: ....

But sure, Spielberg is considered possibly THE most powerful director in Hollywood for sure. :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:31 am

sianlee wrote:Oh this is funny, especially about the remark of steven speilberg and people not knowing many of his films. Here let me list a few and you tell me if you have HEARD of these films.

Back to the future

Saving private ryan
Schindlers list
The flinstones
Twister
Men in Black
Deep Impact
The mask of Zorro
Shrek
Evolution
Catch me if you can
Transformers
Jurassic Park
Hook
Indiana Jones movies
ET
JAWS - I surely think everyone knows that one

Wow. Where are you getting your info from? He didn't do half of those movies. The ones in bold he didn't do.

And I don't care how a movie does in the Box Office. It means nothing to me. I only care if it's good or not. Usually the really good movies don't do great in the Box Office.

BTW Transformers was nothing but a spectacle IMO.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby sianlee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:13 pm

I know fluffy. It's ok.

It means nothing to you? well anyone else doesnt really care for whether it means something to you or not. Box office simply states how many people have seen the movie. Obviously if people thought it was a great movie they would have seen it again perhaps, I for one saw transofmers twice. So who cares what you think, when the box office isnt just a reviewers site, its a site showing whether basicly the movie did well or not. Everyone knows this. Take titanic for example, to my recollection it is the biggest box office hit of all time, alot of people loved the movie and went to see it. We KNOW its a great movie. So what if you don't like it, you're one person. But alot of people LOVED it and that's what counts with regards to what we're talking about here.

Steven Speilberg had parts in ALL these movies. PRODUCING and Directing. His films, I didn't specify only directing in writing those.

Well we can see someones not a transformer fan. I myself never really was but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and was a great laugh.
Transformers: Domestic Total Gross: $319,246,193 :wink:
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:56 pm

I don't have the time to write a reaction and read the whole thing now, but according a quick eye-scan, you totally missed the point or didn't understand me.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:23 pm

*sings*.......transformers, robots in disguise.......alltogether now......lol... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby sianlee » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:28 pm

I used to always think it was "transformers. robots in the skies" :o
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Since Jason Reitman is planning to make 'Up in the Air' with George Clooney next and said it was his plan doing that before he did Juno, I guess his movie starring Jim Carrey is unlikely? At this moment Reitman is/was working on 'Jennifer's Body'.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:39 pm

well Ripley's is supposed to be Jim's next project...........but as we all know a movie can take years to be made from conception........

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

I agree Fluffy...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:54 am

Watchable until proven otherwise...
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby 123Dan123 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm

grinchy steve wrote:Since Jason Reitman is planning to make 'Up in the Air' with George Clooney next and said it was his plan doing that before he did Juno, I guess his movie starring Jim Carrey is unlikely? At this moment Reitman is/was working on 'Jennifer's Body'.

Taken from the article:

"This will not necessarily being Reitman's next film. In the meantime, Reitman will be working on Jennifer's Body as well as possibly another unannounced feature."

It's prolly still going to happen, but not soon.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby chips and dip » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 am

I do agree that this is good news but I still think Sober Buddies has more potential. :D :D :D
To God, every living being is beautiful... Except for you.
chips and dip
Dumb and Dumber To

Previous

Return to Upcoming Movies