Jim Carrey Online

Evan Almighty (posters)

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Evan Almighty (posters)

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm gonna laugh like a little girl, I feel it already.
8)
(Jim, my boy, you should have done this and ignored the 23-thing till something better came along)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby MandyCarrey » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:46 pm

hahaha LOL i love it!! i cant wait to see this movie. I wish Jim would have made an appearance in it it would have been so awesome! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby sprousefan23 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:05 am

I saw it! It was an awesome movie!!!!!! though the critics may not have liked it....[/i]
"No time outs. Only DEATH!"
"I don't like to brag and I won't cuz I don't have to!" Image
sprousefan23
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:33 am

i'm looking forward to all the animals........... :D

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby jimliker » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:01 pm

the reviews of this movie arent good

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Twigggy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:37 am

Yep. It looks pretty gay. I thought "Bruce Almighty" was tolerable only because of Jim Carrey. I learned my lesson from Dumb and Dumberer, I'll never pay for a Carrey-less sequel/prequel again. I don't know who to blame for all these terrible movies: Carrey or the movie studios. Well, it's really the studios' fault.... But I think an Ace Ventura 3 without at least a cameo from Jim Carrey will really f**k up the two preceding movies. If I were him [Jim] I wouldn't allow of somebody else playing Ace Ventura. I think he should make a third one and then establish a contract for no others to be made after him....

But, yeah. I'm rambling. I still respect Jim Carrey so no need for anybody to attack me. It's just odd--to say the very least--seeing all his movies being turned into inferior sequels/prequels without him...crap that nobody even wants to see.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Happygal » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 am

I agree with you Twiggy! There's no reason for it at all! :evil: And don't worry, I'm not going to attack you. :wink:
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby CarreyGirl » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:55 am

I agree with you Twiggy...but...I 'm n't agreement on Jim/Ace's history,because, probably Jim it has given they the rights for the sequel.
Jim is allergic to the sequel, Ace luck has been an exception, why, creed was becoming famous also in other countries... I that it only works for the innovationes! :wink:
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby g6471 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Boy did this movie bomb. Money wise and critic wise.
g6471
Earth Girls Are Easy

Postby fluffy » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:12 pm

awe...........maybe it'll do better in Europe.......it looks like a fun Summer movie from the trailers.......lol..hell, as soon as i see the raccoons i'll be happy........lol........ :D

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:02 am

[quote="fluffy"]awe...........maybe it'll do better in Europe.......it looks like a fun Summer movie from the trailers.....

Really? It looked like complete crap to me. I wouldn't pay to see this swill any time of the year. In fact, I went to the movies tonight, to see Live Free or Die Hard, and I had the option of walking into this movie without even paying for it, and I didn't. The commercials were more than I could bear. I could barely endure 30 seconds of it, imagine a whole movie! No, thanks. No more Carrey-less sequels for me. No, sir. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Pretty soon we'll be plagued with "Ace Ventura Jr." Written by Jason Heimberg and his brother, two rising hollywood screenwriters who are currently ruining the Farrelly Brother's comedic gem, "Kingpin." I guess it's not enough for them to butcher one classic comedy, they have to screw up yet another. And that Steve Oedekerk, I'm very disappointed in him. He'll milk any Jim Carrey movie he can and try to make money off it...no matter how crappy the bugger is. Ace Ventura 3, without Jim Carrey, reaches new levels of cinematic stupidity. Absolutely nobody wants to see it, without Carrey. It's a waste of time and money and energy and space. It'll just succeed in killing yet another memorable Jim Carrey character this newer generation doesn't know much about.

If any of you have any faith in Carrey-less sequels, just remember "Son of the Mask" and "Dumb and Dumberer." Son of the Mask is in IMDB's bottom 100. It means virtually everybody hated that crap excuse of a movie...and "Dumb and Dumberer" isn't too far behind it at 3.3 out of 10.

At least every 4 years from now, there'll be a Carrey-less sequel to a Jim Carrey movie. Do I think it wrong that he hates sequels? Yes and no. Some sequels aren't necessary, some are. But by refusing to be in no sequels it will, in my opinion, f**k up the originals movies. Other (less talented) actors will take his place, and people will think the original-Carrey-Containing movies will be nothing to write home about.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:09 pm

it's the animals Twiggy........i love the animals regardless of the movie.... :D ... it looks like a happy movie and that's a nice change......but the simpsons movie is out in july........thats the one i'm gagging for.... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:48 pm

I'm sorry Twiggy, all those words about the Carrey-less sequels don't go up for the Evan-one. For reasons I explained a thousand of times earlier.

Evan Almighty imo does look like a good comedy (that isn't trying to be Bruce all over again) with a strong lead. The reason Bruce worked was because of Carrey and a few moments in the script. Beside that it wasn't that Almighty or well-written indeed. So I guess this movie ain't well written either and Carell isn't able to save the whole thing and makes up for all the flaws. Don't forget Bruce wasn't loved by the critics as well. It was verrrry fifty-fifty, and so was the audiance.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:42 pm

Go with an open mind folks............. :D

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:41 am

[quote="grinchy steve"]I'm sorry Twiggy, all those words about the Carrey-less sequels don't go up for the Evan-one. For reasons I explained a thousand of times earlier.

And what reasons are those, Steve? I'm sorry, I just don't have the time to read every single post on this forum. The movie looks godawful to me. Nobody I talk to wants to see it. It's a Carrey-less sequel, therefore unworthy of my time. It's also starring Steve Carrel, someone who's very unfunny, in my humble opinion.

"Evan Almighty imo does look like a good comedy (that isn't trying to be Bruce all over again) with a strong lead."

Well, that's your opinion, bud, and I respect it. But I'm still convinced "Evan Almigihty" is a genuine piece of trash. When I saw the trailer for "Bruce Almighty," years ago, although I thought the story looked fake and cheesy, the movie looked moderately funny and even enjoyable. I don't see anything funny here. I've seen clips of "Evan Almighty" and nothing about it even midly amuses me. Steve Carrel (sp?) also really gets on my nerves. Not that he had a chance, anyway. Carrey-less sequels will never work. Also, B.A. wasn't geared towards real little kids, this inferior PG crap is. And what about all this nonsense about the Ark? Totally unnecessary and unneeded. Bruce Almighty 2 makes as much sense as a Liar Liar 2, without Carrey. It's in my opinion, a total waste of film and $$$. Even the plot's not exactly like the first one, that still doesn't mean the movie is unneeded. "Speed 2" was a bit different than Speed one, but it doesn't change the fact that the movie sucked. How about "Alien vs Predator?" Two awful films combined without it's predecessor's that wasn't exactly the same, but absolutely sucked. Nah, man. No more of these inferior sequels for me. You could barely pay me to watch them...let alone pay for the buggers. This ain't for me. Real little kids might enjoy it, just like they might like the upcoming (Carrey-less) Ace Ventura Jr. movie. Some families with little kiddes may find it funny, and good fun, but it just ain't my bag.

Yeah Fluffy, I hear you. You like the animals. I too thought they were cute in the commercials. But you don't have to pay for a disgraceful, Carrey-less (PG) sequel to seem them. Just turn on Discovery Channel :D
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Next

Return to Upcoming Movies