Jim Carrey Online

"Ace Ventura Jr." - Status: On DVD in March

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby TNPihl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:28 pm

JCO is credited in this article about Ace Junior:

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... ng_ac.html

Straight-to-DVD in September.
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby Glenn-Mask » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:06 pm

That article is full of CRAP!

To start off, I WAS THE ONE WHO DISOCVERED THOSE PICTURES and i first posted them on IMDb.com.

And the "actress" next to Josh ISNT Emma Lockhart, infact the person in that picture is about 20 years older than Emma.

The woman in the picture worked as a crew member on Ace Jr.

Idiots.
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby jimliker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:11 pm

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby jimliker » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:14 pm

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:09 pm

i think it's gonna win OSCARS......... :wink:

FLUFFY :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby TNPihl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Geez this thread is the most popular in this forum.

More than 42.000 views..
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

I think alot of people will go see this one...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:06 am

It sounds very interesting..
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby CarreyGirl » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:11 am

TNPihl wrote:Geez this thread is the most popular in this forum.

More than 42.000 views..

We are the bests!! 8) 8)
I'm Dumb and I'm proud! :_D
CarreyGirl
Horton Hears a Who!

Re: I think alot of people will go see this one...

Postby Twigggy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:20 am

Canadian Jayne wrote:It sounds very interesting..

You think a lot of people will see this one? Are you being sarcastic or what? This movie will be a failure on all fronts--with the critics and at the box office (and that's assuming this swill isn't direct-to-DVD like some people are saying.)

Look at "Dumb and Dumberer," not only did the critics despise it, but so did the majority of moviegoers. According to Boxofficemojo, it was one of the lowest grossed movies of the year! Being savagely beaten by R-rated movies like "Terminator 3" and "The Matrix Revolutions" and "Bad Santa." The movie scored phenomenally low ratings with the majority of the critics. Only three percent of Rottentomatoes' best critics had anything vaguely positive to say about it. And the people at IMDB didn't hold it in any higher regard with a pathetic 3.3!

"Son of the Mask," in spite of its PG rating that I'm sure was intended to appeal to a younger audience than the first movie's, was also a failure on all levels. Hardly making any money, the writing was so poor, the acting so horrific that it somehow managed a place in IMDB's notorious bottom 100. (I honestly didn't think a movie could be this terrible. I don't know why I did it, but I decided to give this a chance when it came out. Within 7 minutes into the movie, I walked out and saw "The Aviator."

In fact, the only Carreyless sequel that did fairly at the box office was "Evan Almighty." But that too was even panned by the majority of the critics, and its predecessor, "Bruce Almighty," beat it on all fronts: With the people and with the critics.

My point is, Carreyless sequels just don't work. It's been proven three times now. And it's not just because of their terrible track record. Jim's style is pretty much inimitable. And I can't think of any other character of his offhand that proves this better than Ace Ventura. Jim's the only person who will ever be able to pull him off, in my humble opinion. I don't want to contribute to the continuation of Carreyless sequels anyway by paying to see this crap, but even if that didn't bother me, I still couldn't bear to see this movie. I'd just feel to bad/embarrassed for that poor, fat kid.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby 123Dan123 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Carrey has the talent to make poor scripts into good movies. That's why sequels without him flop.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:02 pm

awe, give the kid a chance.....he's only young, this is his big chance...poor kid's being hammered b4 anyone's seen the movie, imagine what that must be doing to his self esteem........ :(

fluffy :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 am

"poor kid's being hammered b4 anyone's seen the movie..."

You don't have to see this movie in order to conclude it's going to suck. I mean, it's not really his fault because, honestly, what kid would pass an opportunity to star in a movie - regardless if it's going to suck. It's hard enough to put up with a thirty-year-old man walking around, literally talking out of his a$%, being a complete jerk - but somehow, Carrey made it work. I honestly don't see anybody pulling off Jim Carrey's trademark character - Ace Ventura - except Jim Carrey.

"imagine what that must be doing to his self esteem........"

Yeah, but it's not the people who are complaining about the movie's fault. For one thing, the director (or whoever the hell casted the kid) should be imprisoned the rest of his/her natural life for what she/ he's doing to this poor kid's reputation. I mean them getting a kid that looks absolutely nothing whatsoever like Jim Carrey is almost deliberately making the kid a target of ridicule - especially when the kid suffers from an apparent eating disorder.

Either way, I don't think this "Son of" concept works, but at least the filmmakers could have gotten a kid who vaguely resembled Jim Carrey. The movie hasn't even been released yet, and practically everybody that has posted about it - on aintitcoolnews.com, on IMDB, or even here - have expressed how ashamed they are in Hollywood and these whorish stuidios for continually making Carreyless sequels. "Son of the Mask," "Dumb and Dumberer," and to a lesser extent "Evan Almighty" have all been box office and critical failures...and "Ace Ventura Jr.," mark my words, will be no exception.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:37 pm

lol.........i confess i own and loved Evan Almighty.........AND Dumb and Dumberer......lol...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol: :oops: :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Twigggy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:47 pm

[quote="fluffy"]lol.........i confess i own and loved Evan Almighty.........AND Dumb and Dumberer......lol...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, "Dumb and Dumberer" was a horrible movie, but at least they found two actors that kind of looked like Jim and Jeff.

As for "Evan Almighty" I haven't seen it. Never really cared for movies about god or religion in general. Plus I really don't like Steve Carel (sp?). "Bruce Almighty" wasn't my favorite Jim Carrey movie, but I think JC made it tolerable. It just got too damn emotional near the end, and Jim kind of played a prententious jerk in that movie - I still kind of enjoyed his character anyway though. "Evan Almighty" got terrible reviews. It only received 8 out of a hundred percent by rottentomatoes' best critics. I guess it wasn't as bad a failure as that godawful, adbomination "Son of the Mask." Tomatoes' top critics gave it a zero - not even one of them liked it! I've never seen that before.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby fluffy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:33 pm

lol........well i'm a sucker for all things furry so i was destined to like Evan......and i have a toilet bowl sense of humour so found the 'poop' scenes hilarious in D & Dumberer...... :lol:

fluffy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies