Jim Carrey Online

"Ace Ventura Jr." - Status: On DVD in March

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Somedays all a person needs is.....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:29 am

a stupid dumb funny movie.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: Twigggy, you definitely have a knot in your shorts...

Postby Twigggy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 am

[quote="Canadian Jayne"]My opinion really doesn't matter, whether I will see Ace Ventura Jr. is of no consequence, I will decide if I want to see the show when it comes out.

No. I wasn't talking about whether you'll want to see it or not. You're in the minority here; virtually everybody in cyberspace is up in arms over the entire concept of this movie and the general consensus everywhere is that it's going to suck. I simply was sharing with you my opinion of why I think Ace Ventura Jr. is going to be a failure on all fronts. It's not a matter of having a "knot" in my shorts. I'm not upset about anything; I'm just pointing out to you why I think this movie's going to be a massive failure - it's lousy director (renowned for doing terrible kid's movies that kids don't even like), the bad track records of all Carreyless sequels with the critics as well as with the people...etc.

Every single Carreyless sequel has been a flop by definition; this movie has a terrible director/writer (look him up), and the majority of the people who have heard about it - the folks at AICN.com, almost everybody who posts at IMDB - think everything about it sucks.

In any event, all I've done here is expressed my opinion about why I think "Ace Ventura Jr." is going to be a massive dungheap on all levels. The reasons I've given for it sucking - the director, the crappy movies he's responsible for, and the fact that most people don't like Carreyless sequels and that they've all been, without exception, flops - are pretty sound, I think...and they support, pretty well, my convictions that this thing will most definitely be a box office and critical failure.

You're gonna find out, sooner or later, that just because somebody doesn't agree with everything you say it doesn't make them an "old fart" and it doesn't mean their shorts are in a knot. That's just ridiculous.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Postby Glenn-Mask » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:18 am

David M. Evans tells me that Warner have set the release date to January 2009 now...
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby Yonie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 pm

IMDB says September 2008.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844029/
Yonie
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby Glenn-Mask » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Yeah i know, thats what i got from the Morgan Creek website but i emailed David (the director) and he says its coming out in January 2009 with Warner Bros.

Maybe it's being released in theatres in September with Universal and Morgan Creek and on DVD in January with Warner??
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were my

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:35 am

daughter.. she says the same thing to me all the time.
In the end we agree to disagree.
One thing I do agree with you on, is, as Jim Carrey also believes, I think, is that, any sequel really won't cut it,or be properous for him in any way.

I think he was under contract for the second sequel of one of his other movies but thereafter did he not agree never to do anymore sequels?

Am I wrong on this?

It's a little bit like death, I did not go to my mother's wake (viewing night before)because I wanted to remember her when she was alive ,I was with her as much as I could when she was alive.
My family,was pissed of,f that I didn't go, but that's OK, I don't mind people being pissed off at me, I'm going to do what I feel is best.

So people can be pissed off that Carrey may not do anymore sequels but he's going to do what's best for him. And the truth is, he can always change his mind if he wants to, no big deal, we women always change our minds, so what's the difference.

And maybe, just maybe Twiggy, I'm leaning towards the idea you may just be right., maybe1
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Ooops I did it again...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:38 am

and it would have to be one of those novel like anwsers, sorry Tommy
don't know how to delete repeated message.
I think I was at the pool too long and have sun stroke,
[-o< please forgive, I'm so bad (to the song Please release me, let me
go)
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:34 am

I got rid of it. I always delete double posts when I see them. :wink:

Don't feel sorry for Tommy. He makes us girls do most of his dirty work for him.lol
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Thanks Cotton...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:42 pm

I appreciate you doing that for me.
Have a great day.
Jayne
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Re: If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were my

Postby Twigggy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:48 am

"I think he was under contract for the second sequel of one of his other movies but thereafter did he not agree never to do anymore sequels?"

Yes. From what I undertsand he had a contract to do "Ace Ventura 2" and that's the only reason he did it. Jim Carrey seems to really, really despise sequels and to want no part of them. I read in an interview, however, years ago that he wanted to do "Dumb and Dumber 2," but that the studios couldn't wait for him to finish up filming some other movie(s) he was working on around that time. I wish I still had a link to this interview, but it seems to be lost somewhere in cyberspace. Anyhow, I'd still say he's opposed to most (if not all) sequels. I guess it would make him feel like a one-trick pony having to rely on Ace again for a good comedy - although I wouldn't see him that way...I loved Ace Ventura.

"And maybe, just maybe Twiggy, I'm leaning towards the idea you may just be right."

Well, there's a good chance I might be right. I'm not always right - usually 98% of the time I'm right, so I'd say this movie has a 98 percent of being a cinematic abomination.
Twigggy
Bruce Almighty

Wow...

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:37 am

With those stats your pretty close to almost perfect.
T :shock: hat's pretty amazing. :shock:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Glenn-Mask » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:36 pm

I have located some new pictures that were snapped on set last year:

That dog is wearing a wig by the way as told in this interview:

http://www.pr-inside.com/celebrity-stylist-uses-white-sands-products-o n-film-ace-ventura-r723183.htm
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

Those are pretty snappy snaps

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:24 am

Thanks for the pics
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Glenn-Mask » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:11 am

No problem.

By the way, it's September... why no film yet? And a trailer??
These arnt even official pictures, they were taken on set by the hair department.

According to the director David M. Evans, he says Warner Bros. have set the release date to January 2009.
Glenn-Mask
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:48 am

the dog's hilarious..............lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies