Jim Carrey Online

Used Guys - Jim's to do film with Ben Stiller?

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby Retard_Messiah » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:57 pm

Finally my dream come true! Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller in the same movie! Could it be better?
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

What does Ben look like?

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:40 pm

Can't remember what he looks like!
Anyone have a pic close by?? #-o
Dumb Blonde Syndrome kicking into action.
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Ooops, just realized the pic at the beginning were him!

Postby Canadian Jayne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:42 pm

Yi!, he looks pretty young.
How old is he???
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:30 pm

who........Ben or Jim?.............

well Jim's a rather young looking 43.......

Ben's an exceptionally young looking 72......

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Conor » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:51 pm

lololololllolololololololl....good one fluffy....
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby samurai_cable » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:12 pm

Lol :D I think this could be really really funny~ Hope it comes through :o
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Postby mav » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:08 pm

Ben Stiller directed The Cable Guy , Canadian_Jayne.

Here's some from imdb.....

Mini biography
Ben Stiller was born on November 30, 1965, in New York, New York to legendary comedians Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara. It's not surprising that Ben Stiller has followed in his family's footsteps. Ben's parents made no real effort to keep their son away from the Hollywood lifestyle and he grew up among the stars, wondering just why his parents were so popular. At a young age, he and his sister Amy Stiller would perform plays at home, wearing Amy's tights to perform Shakespeare. Ben also picked up an interest in being on the other side of the camera and, at age 10, began shooting films on his Super 8 camera. The plots were always simple: someone would pick on the shy, awkward Stiller...and then he would always get his revenge. This desire for revenge on the popular, good-looking people may have motivated his teen-angst opus Reality Bites (1994) later in his career. He both directed and performed in the film, which costarred Winona Ryder and Ethan Hawke.

Before he even got his start in Hollywood, Ben put in several consistently solid years in the theater. After dropping out of UCLA, he performed in the Tony Award winner, "The House of Blue Leaves". While working on the play, Stiller shot a short spoof of The Color of Money (1986) starring him (in the Tom Cruise role) and his The House of Blue Leaves (1987) (TV) costar John Mahoney (in the Paul Newman role). The short film was so funny that Lorne Michaels purchased it and aired it on "Saturday Night Live" (1975). This led to Ben spending a year on the show in 1989.

Ben made his big screen debut in Steven Spielberg's Empire of the Sun (1987) in 1987. Demonstrating early on the multifaceted tone his career would take, he soon stepped behind the camera to direct Back to Brooklyn for MTV. The network was impressed and gave Stiller his own show, "The Ben Stiller Show" (1992). He recruited fellow offbeat comedians Janeane Garofalo and Andy Dick and created a bitingly satirical show. MTV ended up passing on it, but it was picked up by Fox. Unfortunately, the show was a ratings miss. Stiller was soon out of work, although he did have the satisfaction of picking up an Emmy for the show after its cancellation.

For a while, Ben had to settle for guest appearance work. While he was doing this, he saved up his cash and in the end was able to scrape enough together to make Reality Bites (1994), now a cult classic which is looked upon favorably by the generation it depicted. Ben continued to work steadily for a time, particularly in independent productions where he was more at ease. However, he never quite managed to catch a big break. His first big budget directing job was Jim Carrey's The Cable Guy (1996). Although many critics were impressed, Jim Carrey's fans were not.

In 1998, There's Something About Mary (1998) had propelled Ben into the mainstream spotlight. With his wince-inducing turn in the Farrelly brothers' gross-out film, Ben really "struck a nerve" with mainstream America. In recent years, Ben has starred in such hit movies as Keeping the Faith (2000) and Meet the Parents (2000). Ben excels at cerebral comedy, but he knows how to get down and lowbrow when he needs to, making him one of America's currently most popular performers.

I'm not much a fan of Ben Stiller. But the two together would be very interesting.
-
mav
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby nicesock! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:56 pm

I, for one, think this movie will be fantastic. (if it happens) Two thumbs way up!!! I love Ben Stiller, "There's just something about Mary." --- that is one of the funniest movies I have seen. Just my humble opinion, but I dont see how some of you can like Jim, but not like Ben Stiller. I think they are both fabulous.
nicesock!
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby nicesock! » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:01 pm

God, wouldnt you love to be on set for this movie!!!!!! I have no desire what so ever to be an actress, so I guess I would have to be one of those sad "Groupies". But geez, how chaotic and fun would the set be!!!????!!! Maybe I'll plan a vacation and go visit JT. :wink:
nicesock!
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Wow, thanks Mav

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:58 pm

He's done amazingly well, I guess he looks young because he's
younger than me.
Great info, appreciate the article!
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:02 pm

lol.............EVERYONE is younger than you CJ...................lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby Conor » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:30 am

im starting to think fluffy is thinking of jerry stiller.....and umm...well we are talking about ben stiller who is in his 30's or 40's/
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:58 am

who's Jerry Stiller??????.....................Ben directed The Cable Guy ......right????

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cotton » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:43 am

Jerry is Bens Dad. Remember the movie Hairspray? He played Ricki Lakes Father.
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:37 am

aaaahhhh....................NOPE!!!........i was thinking of BEN.........lol

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies