Jim Carrey Online

Jim drops out of Walter Mitty

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Postby xmassmurdere » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:44 am

they want to do the movie but Jim doesnt want to so they chose someone else. there isnt anything wrong about that. its not like they get everything and not shoot the movies just because one person doesnt want to do it
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Retard_Messiah » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:16 pm

Yeah i agree, but nothing says that i have to see the film. If there will be good reviews maybe I will see it. I must confess that I want to see Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson work together on this project. Zoolander is one of my favouritemovies, but you cant get everything. Is there someone who know the the rest of the cast in the movie?
Retard_Messiah
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby lammy » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:43 am

Maybe he is doing a project that is so secret not even he knows what the mission is- :lol:

Just a wild guess- :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:32 pm

lololll,l THAT WOULD RAWK!!! THEN THE PROJECT WOULD GET LEAKED!!!
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby lammy » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:38 am

shhhh, he is on a secret mission- :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:03 pm

we're on a mission from god.

lol

ohh really......lammy tell us more.....
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby lammy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:53 am

Yes you are right and we don't even know what Gods plan is for us- :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:45 am

lol see blues brothers...then youll get the joke.
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Postby lammy » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:48 am

oh- :lol:
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Conor » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:00 pm

yeah. it's still funny even if you dont see blues brothers. just read the permise of imdb.com
Conor
Kick-Ass 2

Re: Jim drops out of Walter Mitty

Postby grinchy steve » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Somehow I was hoping this project could come back again with Spielberg (or another talented director) and Carrey ... but now it's official :

Back in Spring, Ben Stiller, the man who’s only funny once in a while, was set to star in THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY remake for 20th Century Fox, now Variety reported that he might get to direct the project too.
Stiller hasn’t directed a feature since 2008′s awesomeness, Tropic Thunder…

Screenwriter Steve Conrad who adapted the very depressing true story movie The Pursuit Of Happyness was previously hired by Fox to pen the latest draft. This PG story will start production in late fall…

The old movie was in 1947 starring Danny Kaye, based on the 1939 short story by James Thurber. It’s about Walter Mitty, a daydreaming pulp-fiction writer with an overprotective mother, likes to imagine that he is a hero who experiences fantastic adventures
The remake, however, is about Walter Mitty “a timid mega-store owner who daydreams of being a swashbuckling hero. When his reputation is put to the test, Walter must prove his ability to save the day.” but this version might be subject to change.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 am

I'm still extremely disappointed about Jim not doing this project, I can't let go the feeling that this would have been up there with his greatest performances combined with a great movie.

And now that feeling gets confirmed. Fox showed a 20-minute clip of this and the reactions were amazing. Conclusion according to a lot of moviegoers: This is the new "Life of Pi" for Fox.

Last year at CinemaCon, 20th Century Fox previewed very early footage for Ang Lee’s Life of Pi. Attendees at the presentation were floored, and the buzz on all the blogs was that Pi was an Oscar contender. Some argued that April was too early to be calling for possible Oscar contenders, and they were probably right. We all know how that turned out.

This year Fox arrived in Vegas bearing another special preview: between fifteen and twenty minutes of the Ben Stiller-directed The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. (Stiller also stars.) Again, it’s April, it’s too early to make such claims, but the Oscar buzz has begun.

After the jump you can read my thoughts on the footage screened from Mitty, or watch a video blog I recorded with Alex from Firstshowing talking about presentations of footage from The Wolverine, Epic, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Walking With Dinosaurs: The Movie.

I must admit, I have never seen the old Danny Kaye movie or read the book The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is based on, so pardon my ignorance to this film. I had seen Mitty on upcoming schedules and written it off as another broad comedy starring Stiller. I’m not sure why, as I was a huge fan of Stiller’s directorial efforts Cable Guy and, to a lesser extent, Zoolander.

The film feels like a mixture of the loneliness of Eternal Sunshine, the hopeful comedy of (500) Days of Summer, and the epic bigger-than-life moments of Forrest Gump. The always-lovable Kristen Wiig co-stars as a woman Walter has a crush on. He fantasizes about her in various moments of his life. These fantastical daydream sequences are what bring this film to a completely different level than the character-based comedies we’ve seen in the past.

I could attempt to explain the film’s story (we try poorly in the video blog reaction), but it’s not easy to put into a one sentence logline. Even if I could give the story a proper paragraph set-up, I don’t think it’s something that will immediately grab you and make you say “I need to see that.” In at respect, Fox has some challenges marketing this film to the masses, but if they can show you what we saw, they will buy tickets.

Walter Mitty feels like it could be a really special film, one that doesn’t come along every year. Heartfelt, funny, but with fantastical moments that are meant to be seen on the big screen in an audience full of strangers.

@SteveNashLA 14m
Footage of Secret Life Of Walter Mitty looks amazing. Incredible.

@slashfilm 18m
Last year Fox screened footage for Life of Pi, the Oscar buzz began here. This year it was Walter Mitty. It’s early, but the buzz starts now. Seriously, write this down on your calendar, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Christmas.

@katpf 25m
Secret Life of Walter Mitty looks beautiful, even unfinished. Had no idea Fox was looking for it to bring Life of Pi caliber visuals.

‏@colliderfrosty 33m
Wasn't sure about Ben Stiller's THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY. Now I am. The footage Fox premiered looked fantastic. Totally unique film. Def Ben Stiller's most adult work 2 date. Footage showed heart, humor, and restraint. Def Oscar possibilities

‏@IMDbKeith 34m
Just saw Ben Stller's "Walter Mitty" footage. Emotionally resonant & looks like a holiday winner.

‏@silaslesnick 40m
Wow, THE SECRET LIFE OF WALTER MITTY looks good. exquisitely beautiful with a real Sam Mendes vibe. Oscar contender for sure.

@akstanwyck 42m
Secret life of walter Mitty looks like Oscar contender for fox, which showed footage from life of pi here last year.

This could have been his second Truman Show, I guess. :( Ben Stiller might be the only actor out there that I ... well, it's not that I can't stand him, but ... He's extremely overrated as a funnyman. So this hurts twice. :p
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jim carrey 85 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 am

What 20-minutes clip? Where did you find that?? Post here please??
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

Postby grinchy steve » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 pm

They showed it at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where FOX showed a long clip of "Life of Pi" last year. It's not available.

I just can't help but think this is something Jim should have done.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby jim carrey 85 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 pm

Damnit!!! :P :( it would be amazing movie with Jim! it's just shame :( oh by the way why did Jim dropped out of this movie???
"It's Going To Be LEGEND wait for it DARY.....LEGENDARY"-Barney Stinson (How i met your mother!)
jim carrey 85
The Truman Show

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Movies