Jim Carrey Online

Dumbto Producers Eye Reteam On Deep Cover

Discuss other upcoming Jim Carrey movies (not confirmed/rumours).

Dumbto Producers Eye Reteam On Deep Cover

Postby Veysel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 am

EXCLUSIVE: After November’s Dumb And Dumber To scored $128 million worldwide (and counting), it’s a no-brainer that Red Granite would want to stay in the Jim Carrey business. I hear the finance and production shingle led by Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland has snapped up comedy pitch Deep Cover from writer Johnny Rosenthal. If deal sticks it’ll be a starring vehicle for Carrey, continuing his successful relationship with Red Granite, while Carrey would also produce alongside Michael Aguilar for their Some Kind Of Garden banner.
Plot details of the original pitch are being kept under wraps. This summer Rosenthal sold The Three Tenors to Lionsgate. He’s also got action comedy Iron Jack in development at Sony and wrote Bad Santa 2 for Dimension.

Red Granite (Friends With Kids, Out of the Furnace, Horns) opened its doors in 2010 and came out swinging last year with Martin Scorsese’s Oscar-nominated The Wolf Of Wall Street. The financier stepped up to back the Farrelly brothers’ $35 million budgeted Dumb And Dumber sequel, which debuted last month at #1 for Universal in Carrey’s biggest live-action opener since 2003’s Bruce Almighty.

Carrey’s known for his iconic comedy characters like Ace Ventura, The Cable Guy, Stanley Ipkiss from The Mask, and Dumb & Dumber’s Lloyd Christmas but recent big screen turns have seen him in supporting roles, as in Kick-Ass 2 and The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. His ratings-boosting October visit to SNL proved he’s still a draw when he lands solo in the spotlight.

Neither Carrey’s reps nor Red Granite would comment on the deal. He’s a client of WME. Rosenthal’s repped by Paradigm, Apostle’s George Heller, and McKuin Frankel.

source:deadline
http://deadline.com/2014/12/Jim-Carrey- ... 201328520/
Veysel
Doing Time On Maple Drive

Re: Dumbto Producers Eye Reteam On Deep Cover

Postby Veysel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:04 am

Jim Carrey May Go Into Deep Cover
He's considering a new comedy pitch
The reviews may have been, to put it kindly, mixed for Dumb And Dumber To, but production company Red Granite – which helped get the film released in the first place, is clearly looking to work with one of its stars again. Jim Carrey is considering starring in a comedy film called Deep Cover.

There are no details about the potential script – which is still at the pitch stage – but the company has picked up the idea from writer Johnny Rosenthal and is currently dangling it in Carrey’s face hoping that he’ll bite and jump aboard as its star.

That title makes us think it’ll be something to do with espionage – hopefully nothing too politically difficult given what is happening with Sony and The Interview – and will give Carrey more chances to show off his comic chops.

Rosenthal has a few projects in development including an action comedy called Iron Jack and The Three Tenors (unsurprisingly, an opera comedy) and has worked on Bad Santa 2 for Dimension Films. As for Carrey, he’s not committed to anything at the moment, but is loosely attached to crime caper Ricky Stanicky.

source:empire online
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=43031
Veysel

Postby Veysel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:06 am

Jim Carrey Takes on New Comedy 'Deep Cover'
Jim Carrey is reuniting with 'Dumb and Dumber To' producers Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland for the new comedy 'Deep Cover'.
Coming off the success of Dumb and Dumber To, which has earned nearly $130 million worldwide in one month of release, Jim Carrey is teaming up again with Red Granite's Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland for a new comedy entitled Deep Cover. No plot details have been revealed at this time, but the project comes from an original pitch by writer Johnny Rosenthal. Jim Carrey will also produce alongside Michael Aguilar through their Some Kind of Garden production company.
Writer Johnny Rosenthal recently sold his pitch The Three Tenors to Lionsgate this summer, and he is also developing Iron Jack for Sony Pictures. The writer also wrote the script for Dimension's sequel Bad Santa 2, a project which star Billy Bob Thornton revealed back in October is still in development. Red Granite stepped up to finance Dumb and Dumber To after Warner Bros. pulled the plug on the sequel. The studio also financed the Oscar-nominated drama The Wolf of Wall Street and other recent titles such as Out of the Furnace and Horns.
It isn't known if this will be Jim Carrey's next project or not. The comedic actor is also attached to other projects such as an Untitled Heist Comedy, previously known as Loomis Fargo and the languishing Ricky Stanicky. No production schedule was given for Deep Cover.

source:movieweb
http://www.movieweb.com/deep-cover-movi ... Jim-Carrey
Veysel

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:53 pm

Well, without any details about the plot, we can just speculate. I think, based on the title, it could be a spy comedy or a spoof.
Nick
Batman Forever

Postby TNPihl » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Very interesting news Veysel :D
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby tlmarvin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Saturday, December 20, 2014--6:55 am CST

I hope Jim will sign for the new comedy "Deep Cover", I also would like see Jim Carrey doing more dramatic roles. He's also great at that.
Looks like 2015 maybe a pretty busy year for Dr. Carrey.

Sincerely,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas)

P.S. Are Jim and Jeff still overseas?
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Would like to see him in something adventurous yet
serious with comedic tones occasionally
When I watch SIMON Birch (which is quite timely
with Christmas) he is the narrator and a father.
Would like to know the story line for
Deep Cover
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:51 am

Is this Deep Cover a
remake of the 1992
movie with the same
name?
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JimCarreyschick » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:18 am

I hope Jim does do the movie Deep Cover, it would be also great to see him do romance movies.

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby grinchy steve » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Oh, please no, no romance movies. :P Exept when it's something extremely clever like "Eternal Sunshine".
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 pm

I don't care about what kind of movie.... just wanna see more! :D
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 pm

oh hey, i'm excited about Bad Santa 2 though...........i LOVED Bad Santa 1...... :D :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:20 am

I wonder if this project is still pending ...
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby EvaAraujo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:25 am

grinchy steve wrote:I wonder if this project is still pending ...

Since there has been no news about it... I would say yes.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby Canadian Jayne » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Glad to hear this
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Upcoming Movies