Jim Carrey Online

How High Are Your Expectations for this Movie?

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

How High Are Your Expectations for this Movie?

Postby 123Dan123 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:19 pm

From 0-10, 10 Meaning Extremely High, 0 Meaning Extremely Low. What are your expectations?

I'd have to say I have high expectations from Schumacker, he has potential every time to put out a great film, we seen his awesome work with Phone Booth. Jim Carrey needs to redeem himself IMO. So me personally has high expectations, id like to see what you guys think. :)

Last edited by 123Dan123 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby fluffy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:21 pm

8 or 9..........i have total faith in Jim pulling off this stylish 'film noir'......just looking at his eyes reveals the depth and passion required for this type of film.......

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:08 am

I think 6.5 to 8. ... 6.5 because it's Schumacher. With that man as a director it can go in any direction. With him, you never know. He's so damn mediocre. But then again, I totaly believe in Jim Carrey for this one, and also in Virginia Madsen. If Schumacher indeed made a desent movie -realy don't know- it could be good. If Schumacher made a not-so-good movie, at least we know it's not the cast that failed.
Last edited by grinchy steve on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby fluffy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:13 am

It's Jimmy i have faith in..........he won't let his directors pull off a bad job.......he has too much input to allow it...... :wink:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby 123Dan123 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:55 am

^ Yeah true. I think people under-rate Schumacher because of his Batman movie though. Phone Booth was surprisingly very good.
123Dan123
Lemony Snicket

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:04 am

Meh. Imo 'Phone Booth' was good, one of his better, nothing more, nothing less. As a teenager it thought his 'Flatliners' and 'Lost Boys' were simply cool. But please, let's not make more of it, then it is. And I did enjoy 'the Client', 'Falling Down' (because of Douglas) and others, I sure did.

But it's simply always the same with that guy. He makes 'OK' films for a big audiance, and there's nothing wrong with that. You know, those films you see like ... every week just have to be there too. Otherwise we wouldn't love the real talents out there because whe would be used to it. Sometimes the cast can make something more out his films. But he ain't a great director. Not at all. And if he is, he still has to proof. Maybe this '23', let's hope. I realy hope it, for Jim, the man.

But hey, I'm going to shut up about it now. We had this discussions in different other topics already.

______

In other news. So, after the trailer and the poster the first reactions came in. (Belgium and Holland) And I'm a bit worried.

Things they said about the Trailer comes down to this;

Some people say they don't believe Jim Carrey in the trailer, they think he can't do it. And ofcours, lots of them don't like the idea that it's thát director. But mostly those are the ons that are curious about Carrey, in a good way.

About the poster;

Reactions you read everywhere are the Liar Liar -thing and they don't think it's (how do you say it) convincing. One time I actually saw "Nice! A new Carrey-comedy!". HELL! :O

But overall, I think this as a movie for a big audiance ... you know, those thrillers work when it comes down to the box-office.
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Postby rwlinda » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:18 am

Still haven't seen this film, but after having spend some time on this website, my expectations for this film have risen to a pretty high level.

This mainly is because Jim Carrey is portraying a "dark character" and having seen One Hour Photo (my absolute favorite film) with another comedian playing a dark character, I know this film, "Number 23", could be pretty intense.

Really looking forward to watch it (when I get a chance, which won't be soon :( )
So, if I'd have give a rating, my expectations are about 8.5/10.
Last edited by rwlinda on Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rwlinda
Copper Mountain

Postby lammy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:50 pm

I haven't seen the movie but I am hoping he did good in all his scenes . :D
Bah hum bug!!!!
lammy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Happygal » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:53 pm

I'm giving this movie a 10! Jim did an extreamely goood job! :P
One person's craziness, is another person's reality. ~ Tim Burton
Happygal
Dumb and Dumber To