Jim Carrey Online

'23' Bonfire scene

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby jimliker » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:40 pm

JT Carrey wrote:never really smelled him, my allergies are always acting up so I can't smell much, and why would I want an autograph or a pic? I just don't ask for things like that, I'm not a fan

if u r not a fan then why do u work as an extra in 3 of his movies & i am sure u will try for it in all of his movies :lol:

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:46 pm

well I was booked on each of the movies to work on them, it's not like I asked to work on them, it was just given to me for work, and about the whole fan thing, I've never called myself a fan cuz I'm not a normal fan type of person, I don't ask for autographs or photos or even hugs, I just greet the person and act normal, not like the person is some huge celebrity, it's part of being an actress myself, I don't "worship" people I "work" with, they're just people like you and me, of course Jim is special though ;) but I'm more of an admirer, I admire his work and him as a person, and I admire his sincerity towards people, why ruin such a special moment by asking him to sign a piece of paper? what for really? in a few days it won't feel as special cuz it's over, but memories, to me, are more sacred, plus I have nothing to prove to anyone...
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:08 pm

i love that quote............good choice....... :wink:

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby carreyd away » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:29 pm

It is frowned upon to ask a celebrity for an autograph while filming. A lot of stars won't even allow the extras to have contact with them (I don't think Jim falls into that category). The quickest way to get fired from a filming job is to act like a fan and bother people for photos or autographs... I've seen it happen many times. All though JT loves Jim, I'm sure she'd rather not act like a fan and lose her job and another chance to work with him or the director. She's a smart girl... :lol:
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Sounds good....

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:46 am

Do the job and have fun doing it.
Go,go JT go (Gadget Theme)
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:47 am

carreyd away wrote:It is frowned upon to ask a celebrity for an autograph while filming. A lot of stars won't even allow the extras to have contact with them (I don't think Jim falls into that category). The quickest way to get fired from a filming job is to act like a fan and bother people for photos or autographs... I've seen it happen many times. All though JT loves Jim, I'm sure she'd rather not act like a fan and lose her job and another chance to work with him or the director. She's a smart girl... :lol:

Actually they DO ask you not to speak to Jim at all even if you're near him, unless he talks to you first. Even though Jim knows who I am, I still obey that rule, because you never know who's watching and who isn't "in the know" of how well I know him. So yes, on Jim's movies, they ask you to not talk to him or do anything that would distract him, I remember when I worked on Dick and Jane for instance, one guy standing next to me asked me where Jim lived and I refused to answer him, next minute, he took a pic from his cell phone, pretending he wasn't, then he was asked to leave the set. So there are people watching. And the thing about me loving Jim is true, I love him more than a fan (as I know a few others on here do) but yes I am also professional because this is the field I am dying to work in, hey if I make connections, that would be great, but so far it hasn't happenned yet... oh well, whatever... anyway, I don't know what I'm saying anymore so lol I'm done
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

"I was sitting back in my chair thinking 'this can't be about urine'" - Jim talking about the musical Urinetown :D
JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:20 am

You're a lucky girl JT.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby JT Carrey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:47 am

no, the girl who is dating Jim (whoever she is, if he is dating) is the lucky one
~*~J.T. Carrey~*~

JT Carrey
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:48 am

As long as everyone is healthy and happy.......then we're all the lucky ones....... :wink: ..........

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby cableclair » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:10 pm

Well said Juls! :-D.
cableclair
The Number 23

Postby jimliker » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:44 pm

Well offers dont come itself JT for an "extra"....it may come for an "actress". You havent worked as an actress in any of Jim's movies right? Also, fans are also admirers, thats why they love Jim. Its ok if you dont ask for an autograph or picture...it doesnt matter...i agree...coz it depends from person to person. But you cant say that those who are asking for his autograph or pictures are pissing Jim off. ....i mean they dont want to make Jim mad or anything...they want it coz they love Jim & they want that memory to be treasured with them forever..both in their minds & on so called "paper". If the pictures doesnt matter then why do we keep our loved ones picture on our desks or walls? Those pictures have value thats why we take them. So in the same way if some fans wants Jim's pictures or autograph, of course with his permission, then i dont think its like a "typical fan" or something...its just that they want to treasure that memory in their own way. :)
I hope you know Kiran on JCO who also worked as an extra in Lemony Snickets. She took pictures & autograph of Jim & he was more than happy to give it. So you cant say that Jim will feel bad if we ask for that. :)

\:D/
jimliker
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:37 pm

:wink: .......i think we are all at odds with the word LOVE...........i adore Jim's work, respect him immensly and think he's a fascinating,handsome and exceptionally clever man.................but some people on the site are convinced they are 'In Love' with him............(no names mentioned though.......)

fluffy :wink:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:52 pm

I can say I love him, can't I?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:01 pm

Whatever 'tickles your pickle'............lol........say what you like.......lol........... :wink:

Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm

fluffy wrote:Whatever 'tickles your pickle'............lol........say what you like.......lol........... :wink:

I do not have a pickle! That's just a vicious internet rumor!
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to (2007) The Number 23