Jim Carrey Online

FWDAJ DVD

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and PSP.

Postby Clemmy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:20 am

Ohhh boy... I have to watch this movie over the weekend... rent it, buy it, whatever... Just one question: Is the commentary with the director only or with Jim as well?
"Friend is a second self." -- Aristotle
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:50 am

Kaat wrote:I like the funky '70's-ish music that plays in the background on the main menu... I wish I knew who the band was (or what the song is called?) :?

It's called, "The Insects Are All Around Us" by Money Mark

He's the keyboard player for the Beastie Boys. It's from one of his earlier solo albums, but I can't remember the name.

Clemmy wrote:Ohhh boy... I have to watch this movie over the weekend... rent it, buy it, whatever... Just one question: Is the commentary with the director only or with Jim as well?

It's the director, Dean Parisot and the two writers, Judd Apatow and Nicholas Stoller.

Did anyone catch (in the commentary) the part about the houses they built? The director, Dean, was explaining that they actually built the cul-de-sac of homes, the house they used as Dick and Janes also were built with interiors shown in the movie. The reason being was they needed to tear apart the yards and didn't think people would be happy to loan their houses for destruction. At the end of the filming, they gave the houses to "Habitat for Humanity" That explains the $100 million price tag... Such a generous deed!

Also, the director of "Mr and Mrs Smith" (with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie) used their KostMart after they finished shooting in it. They didn't even change a thing on the outside or inside. I wondered about that when I saw Mr & Mrs Smith. I guess the studio decided to save some money on locations...
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby quirky » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:02 am

At the end of the filming, they gave the houses to "Habitat for Humanity" That explains the $100 million price tag... Such a generous deed!

DID THEY REALLY? Because they said that and then said something about 50% of a home.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby carreyd away » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:14 am

He said they built the cul-de-sac, finished the one home and left the others for H4H to complete. As for the $100 million remark, I was referring to the final price tag of the film. Everyone was claiming that they didn't understand how a comedy could cost so much to film. Sometimes I don't fully explain my thoughts...
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Kaat » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:20 am

carreyd away wrote: It's called, "The Insects Are All Around Us" by Money Mark

He's the keyboard player for the Beastie Boys. It's from one of his earlier solo albums, but I can't remember the name.

Wow, thanks for the info! I didn't think anyone was going to answer that. Now I can track it down. :D

When I first heard it, I thought it might be a newly recorded version of something from the original FWDAJ (which I've never seen), but guess not.
"I don't care if people think I'm an overactor. People who think that would call Van Gogh an overpainter." -- Jim Carrey
Kaat
High Strung

Postby Kaat » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Oops, sorry, that's not the song I meant. The Insects Are All Around Us plays when Dick is getting his slushy in the convenience store, but the song I was asking about earlier was the one that plays briefly over the end credits (while the song credits are rolling) and plays on the main menu on the DVD.
"I don't care if people think I'm an overactor. People who think that would call Van Gogh an overpainter." -- Jim Carrey
Kaat
High Strung

Postby KC8t80 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:49 pm

i love the DVD.....but i was a little diappointed about the press junket. It was funny but i thought it was going to have some of the appearences Jim, Tea and Alec made when promoting the movie. but anyway, to those who haven't bought it.....GO GET IT NOW!!!!
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Cheryl Anna » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:23 pm

I bought mine at CostCo, and it came with the "Fun With Dick and Jane" from 1977. Both were so good. I've watched the Jim Carrey FWDJ twice and the original one once.
Cheryl Anna
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby quirky » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:44 pm

Today my little cousin brought a DVD for everyone to watch after Easter dinner.

Guess which one it was?
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:31 am

The Evil Dead????? :shock:

fluffy :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:51 am

fluffy wrote:The Evil Dead????? :shock:

fluffy :lol:

No. Fun with Dick and Jane.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:55 am

Lucky you....!
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby xmassmurdere » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:05 am

you have a cool little cousin quirky... enjoy the stuff in it =)
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby quirky » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:08 am

I didn't stay for it. I saw it at the cheap theatre and I watched the DVD with commentary here at home. There was a HUGE storm coming and I'd already driven THERE in the pouring rain....which I HATE...so I hoofed it home.
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Clemmy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:15 am

:-s
Clemmy
Dumb and Dumber To

PreviousNext

Return to (2005) Fun With Dick And Jane