Jim Carrey Online

Fun With Dick & Jane (Review when you see it)

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and PSP.

Fun With Dick & Jane (Review when you see it)

Postby mrsjec17 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:49 pm

Well, I saw the movie last night and I really liked it. Jim was of course wonderful. He's back to his funny physical comedy with this one but it wasn't his typical gross out humor that we are all used to. This is more of a satire poking fun at corporate America. I think this film makes those guys look really bad, but we already knew that. lol

Anyway, Tea was a pretty good match for him. I think that she held her own well with Jim and that's not an easy thing to do. She had her share of funny moments.

My only complaint is that I think they cut a lot out of the movie. I say this because it seemed a little jumpy to me in places and I noticed that things that were in the trailer and on the TV commercials were missing. It also didn't show them robbing too many places and I would have liked to have seen more of that. The Sunny & Cher thing for example was only like 30 seconds long. I hope they include more of that stuff on the DVD.

Aside from that I enjoyed it. It pokes fun at our political and corporate climate today and I think it fit well for the times. Jim & Tea were great and the little boy was entertaining as well. Jim fans will definatley enjoy it.

It's hard to say how I think it's going to do at the box office. I don't think it's going to have the broad success of Bruce Almighty and Liar Liar just because I didn't think it was as funny as those movies and I don't think it will connect with as many people. I think it should still do moderately well though just because it's Jim back to doing what people like him doing and that is physical comedy. It's just more of the thinking kind. It makes you think, it's not like Dumb & Dumber where you just zone out and laugh for two hours. It makes a statement but it does it through humor and I think it works. Let's just hope that the rest of America thinks it works too.

Melanie
Last edited by mrsjec17 on Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsjec17
The Truman Show

Postby cotton » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:57 pm

How did you get to see this already?
www.youtube.com/user/jimcarreyonline
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby mrsjec17 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:59 pm

I work at a movie theater. Ah the benefits! lol :D
mrsjec17
The Truman Show

Postby KC8t80 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:13 pm

note to self......get applications to all nearby movie theaters and apply so i can see Jim movies for free.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby DarvonAlmighty » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:41 pm

thanks for the review! :o
"I've just slipped into the 7th day of hell, thank you." - Liar, Liar
DarvonAlmighty
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby TNPihl » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:47 pm

Post reviews in this topic. I guees many of you have seen it today?
Join Jim Carrey Online on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
TNPihl
JCO Staff

Postby FutureStar1977 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 am

Of course I went to see Jim Carrey in Fun With Dick & Jane today.

I loved the movie, but thought that Jim has had better ones. I think the script needed more to it then there was. It seemed as if it was up to Jim to make up for that. But he did a good job at it as well as Tea Leoni. Very good together.

There was a scene in the film where they are at a costume shop called "Robinson's Beautilities" trying on costumes. Damn it! I know exactly where that shop is and it is a rival of my costumes shop! Why couldn't they have picked the one I work at to film at? LOL

Oh well.

I recommend this movie...but then again, it is Jim Carrey...so of course I loved it. I am a Jim Carrey fan...sue me...
Jim Carrey Is My Inspiration!-
http://www.jimcarreyworld.com
FutureStar1977
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Postby KC8t80 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:37 am

i just saw it today at the Metreon in SF......i thought it was, of course, one of Jim's best physical comedy performance........i especially luv the scene where he sings "I Believe I Can Fly"......lol......man i can't get over that.....and i thought the kid who played their son was pretty funny.

KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby KC8t80 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:40 am

FutureStar1977 wrote:I loved the movie, but thought that Jim has had better ones. I think the script needed more to it then there was. It seemed as if it was up to Jim to make up for that.

I recommend this movie...but then again, it is Jim Carrey...so of course I loved it. I am a Jim Carrey fan...sue me...

i kind of felt that way too but ididn't want to admit it..... :lol:

and know one can sue u.....well maybe they can in Texas.... :lol:

KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:07 am

I too felt that way. I loved it cause Jim was in it but it is not my fave.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby kasper » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:32 am

It was funny... I had my crack up moments. But there was an annoyance in the seat infront of me... two chicks kept blurting out how incredibally hott Jim is. Of course its true... but geez, SHUT UP, I'm tryin' to watch a movie!!!

It seemed a little bare to me. I feel like there could have been more to it. It could've been WAY better. But I liked it alright anyway.
What makes you weak is what makes me stronger.
kasper
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:42 am

But there was an annoyance in the seat infront of me... two chicks kept blurting out how incredibally hott Jim is.

Sorry I didn't know anybody was behind me. :lol: J/K
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby quirky » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:59 am

cotton wrote:
But there was an annoyance in the seat infront of me... two chicks kept blurting out how incredibally hott Jim is.

Sorry I didn't know anybody was behind me. :lol: J/K

It was nice of you to take fluffy along.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby cotton » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:04 am

LOL Poor Fluffs. I hope she gets back soon.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby shelby » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:20 am

i loved the movie, it was funny to me most of the time, it had it's emotional moments to it as well, like when he told jane that she was still pretty, when he was watching her sleeping. that touched me. i made my mom go and see it as well with me, she usually just drops me off and comes back to pick me up later, but this time i begged her to go and see it with me, and surprising she actually enjoyed it as well, that is saying a lot. i would love to be able to go back again sometime these weekend and seeing it again.
shelby
shelby
High Strung

Next

Return to (2005) Fun With Dick And Jane