Jim Carrey Online

Fun With Dick & Jane (Review when you see it)

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and PSP.

Dick and Jane is a winner

Postby Grinchy » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:28 am

My husband and I saw the movie last night and we loved it. There is both verbal and physical humor in this movie and lots of sweet sentimental stuff, too. Its a more grown up comedy than say, Me Myself & Irene, which is a brand of humor I don't care for, so I was thrilled that this movie is more in the Liar Liar flavor of humor. Can't wait to get it on DVD!
I've never spammed anyone in my whole freakin' life.
Grinchy

Postby omnipresence » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:33 am

I just cant wait till it comes out in the UK. Me and my friends are going to watch it the day it comes out. I cant wait for the elevator scene.
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby MandyCarrey » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:38 pm

I cant wait till it comes out in the uk either! me and my mates are goin to the first showin at our cinema near by too.. hee-hee come on January lol! :D
MandyCarrey
Yes Man

Postby omnipresence » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:11 pm

Yeah Im gonna book it asap
"You Cant Stop Me No Matter Who You Are"
omnipresence
Burt Wonderstone

Postby SA JCFan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:12 am

Hola, long time no see :o

Just watched "Fun with Dick & Jane". While it is great to see Jim Carrey doing what he does best, the movie itself seemed to struggle along with him.

The pace was all right, the first act showing how Dick & Jane Harper are, shall we say, financially secured, with their jobs. They got a big & beautiful house to back that up and they're wonderful parents to their only son and quite talkative dog. As we see the slow self-destruction of Dick's job at Globodyne, we see the desperate side of the Harper's. And sadly, that was the best part of the movie.

In the final act, the movie manages to wrap everything up (a lil too early, I'll admit) with a big "F U" to the greedy corporations.

I still love the movie, don't get me wrong about that. I am worried with how empty the theater was when we watched it. This movie's budget was $100 million? With "King Kong" and "Chronicle of Narnia" still strong, I don't think it can make half of its cost. Let's hope I'm wrong. :?
SA JCFan
The Cable Guy

our theater was kind of empty too but.....

Postby Grinchy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:37 pm

We saw it on Wednesday night when it came out, and Wed night isn't normally a big movie night up here in Upstate NY, so its not a shock that the theater was so empty. I also hope it picks up come the weekend. Christmas week is a good movie week, but I think this film should not have been relased at the same time as Narnia, Kong and HP 4. That is some steep competition.

I will also go as far as to agree that the movie on its own is not "all that". Its a very predictable plot in that the family has it all, goes from rags, to riches, to rags but triumphs in the end and the bad guy gets screwed. There is no doubt Jim makes this movie work. Had anyone else played the lead, this movie would likely tank big time. Of course, this has been true many times before I think.

Chances are, this movie will do much better once it comes out on DVD. Just my opinion of course.
I've never spammed anyone in my whole freakin' life.
Grinchy

Postby carreyd away » Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:29 am

I just got back from seeing the movie, I loved it! It was so much more politically slanted than I thought it would be. I especially enjoyed the end credit where they thanked Enron, Adelphia and all the other corporate bastards that took their employees pentions and ran off with their money. Brilliant! The theatre was packed, completely sold out on Christmas Day. I tried to go to an earlier show but the woman said the only show left was the 5 PM show. Pretty cool! Looks like Jim kicked butt on the ape in my town!
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby trishroberts » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:23 pm

My God people go the pictures on Christmas day !!!!
trishroberts
Man on the Moon

Postby fluffy » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:25 pm

i would LOVE to be able to go on Xmas day................that would round off a great day...........family, food, pressies and a film..........that would be awesome............
especially the 9pm showing...........

lol.........suddenly i feel hard done by...........lol

fluffy
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby xmassmurdere » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:00 am

Just came back from seeing the movie. i must say it was really good. Jim and tea were both hilarious. some of you people will really be envious of Tea after you see the movie. the theater was pretty full for a tuesday afternoon. they should have made it longer though. and not take out the stuff in the trailer. anyways i probably will see it again. and getting the DVD for sure!!!
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby justfacts » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:12 am

I liked it, it was a fun movie. I cannot say I loved it and I definately did not hate it. I loved Jim in the movie.. but the movie itself seemed to skip in parts.
justfacts
Dumb & Dumber

Postby jimcarreygirl » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:49 pm

I have seen the movie fun with dick and jane, twice so far in theatures. i am going again next week to see it again. when the movie comes out i might just buy it.
jimcarreygirl
Copper Mountain

Postby popo » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:58 am

hello! i just saw fun with dick and jane! what a movie! t'was so cool! Well i have a question : my name is sam and im new on this web site:P
i'd just like to know if someone knows the title of the techno song jane use for her kinda gym lessons and when dick runs after a lady in Kosmart:Plol
please someone tell me:) :D
ThankzZ
popo

Postby xmassmurdere » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:27 am

if you go back and watch it again it should be in the credits...but if you dont want to go see it again.. you'll have to wait
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Jim Is Awesome » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:13 am

I saw Fun With Dick And Jane on opening day, and I thought it was hilarious!!!
A must see for anyone!
Jim Carrey IS AWESOME!!!
Jim Is Awesome
High Strung

PreviousNext

Return to (2005) Fun With Dick And Jane