Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index Welcome Members

The LearningSomethingAboutOtherCountries&Cultures-Thread

This is the forum for members of the message board. Introduce yourselves or wish each other Happy Birthday.

Postby Undomiel » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:07 pm

Well I know what people think about Sweden( if u know that there is a country called Sweden, I mean we are kind of quiet.. :P) . They think that we ride on polarbears to school and work and that we have snow on the ground all year. Actually, I haven't seen snow here in over a half year. :P :lol:

What I think about Germany (or Tyskland as we say) is that they seem very lazy because they dub all their movies.. but I like Germany.. :) It's cool.
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:48 am

Does "dub" mean that we load them from the net and burn them on CDs? Yes, that do very Germans, but not because of lazyness. Not only with movies but also a lot with movies. Because this is made so often it is bad for the music and film industry. So one can go into prison for four years when one is catched by the police during downloading movies or music. That's crap in my opinion. There are lots of people who have not enough money for buying CDs all the time. Well, it should be no problem to go into the cinema but buying a CD because there are three good songs of 20 and then when one has not much money? Normally one should be allowed to download the songs, I think.
Besides I heard that other countries often think that the Germans are workaholics. And I think this is not only a stereotype, it seems to be true.

btw: When I think about sweden I always must think of elks and that therer are many mountains.

I have another question according to America. We shall inform us for our next English lesson what it is about with the American religious tradition. Our teacher said that Bush has also many votings because he is very religious and so we should inform us about this religious tradition of the Americans. Can you say something about that? Until now I couldn' find anything usefull in the net or in books.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Undomiel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:59 pm

-->Blunt<-- wrote:Does "dub" mean that we load them from the net and burn them on CDs?

btw: When I think about sweden I always must think of elks and that therer are many mountains.

No with dub I mean that you don't see all movies in the original language .. In Sweden it's hard too find something not in the original language..
((I'm mad now.. I looked in a Swedish-English wordbook and I saw that the word I'm looking for means Dub in English.. all my books sucks ;( haha))

Yeah Sweden is an elk country.. haha. I've never seen one! :D only in a Zoo..
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:44 pm

Oh, I see. Yes, that's right. Nearly every movie is synchronisized here.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Undomiel » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:23 pm

-->Blunt<-- wrote:Oh, I see. Yes, that's right. Nearly every movie is synchronisized here.

I thought that synchronisized was an German word.. I have Germany as an subhject in school and it wasn't a long time ago since I learned that word ;D hehe
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby THE 5th KIND » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:52 pm

hmm, i remember about 10 years ago it really was hard to find a video
in english.-i always had to go to an special "ENGLISH SHOP", to get some.-or i bought it at my vacations in DK :wink:

but nowadays there`s no prob. to see new movies in english.-
we have special theatres where they are shown.-in almost every bigger
town.-
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:15 pm

Yes, and on DVDs you can change the language, there is always also the orginal one.

@Undomiel: Oh, I thought it's the same in English. In Germany it is "synchronisieren" and I thought it is perhaps "synchronize" in English but it seems that this was wrong. So I ment "Nearly every movie is translated here." I knew the word translate but at that moment it didn't come to my mind.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Undomiel » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:06 pm

I didn't think of the word translate either.. :P hehe
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby THE 5th KIND » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:54 pm

so, in sweden you don`t have any translation at all?-or are there some exaptions?
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby Undomiel » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:25 pm

only some animated movies.. For example The Incredibles, Shrek, ...

Edit: Now I've seen snow, felt snow and I've been eating snow ;D
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:06 pm

It would not be such a big problem for me if the movies were not translated but then they should also don't have subtitles because I hate subtitles. Although I understand the actors I am always reading them and then I see less from the pictures. Jackass and similiar shows are for example not translated but with subtitles, here.
If the movie is not orgininally in English language it surely would be better with subtitles. I can speak a little bit Spanish but not so much that I would understand everything in a Spanish movie, they talk just too fast.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Undomiel » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:19 pm

well I think that it is better to have subtitles than translate the movies.
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby THE 5th KIND » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:41 pm

alright.-so, we all can be glad that someone invented the dvd.-
now everybody is able to listen to his favorite language.-
=D>
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby Undomiel » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:35 pm

Yeah.. That guy must be rich too.. GO DVD!
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby THE 5th KIND » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:01 pm

:lol: right, real rich! :lol:

why don`t i have such great ideas :roll:

back to the topic-

do you have as much space in sweden as i think u have?
i mean no traffic on the streets,-
everyone got his own house and garden....?
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

PreviousNext

Return to Members