Jim Carrey Online

What would you do if you'll see Jim Carrey???

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: What would you do if you'll see Jim Carrey???

Postby AdaL » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 pm

fluffy wrote:lol, i'm sure he gets that a lot. I guess the truth is we don't know how he feels about fans, does he love us or secretly regard us with contempt and disrespect? We don't have any genuine idea which is awkward for his fansite...lol

I think he clearly truly loves that he's made people happy with what he does. Truly.
It's clear that he means it when he says he wanted to become an entertainer to make people feel better. And I'm sure it's lovely to have someone come up and tell you how much they like you, but the enormous attention and constant scrutiny with complete lack of anonymity, I'm guessing he hates.
Some people have little sympathy for that and I think that's really f***ing unfair. Nobody knows how successful they're going to be when they start out and it would be pretty arrogant to eschew a career path because they believe they'll be so popular they couldn't handle it. Nobody starts out thinking that.
It's only when you're in it you understand the weight of what comes with the success.
And I also don't think it's fair to suggest that famous people should be made to pay for their fortune/success by becoming public property.
The level of entitlement of the public is crazy- "I paid his wages so I should be allowed to harrass him when he's shopping".. well... would you say that to your plumber? No.
Actors/singers are providing a service - they perform and we listen/watch/buy. That's where the obligation ends. They don't owe the public their personal time, life, soul..anything. They should be allowed to go about their lives when they're not working the same as the rest of us. They're essentially being made to feel guilty for earning a lot and I think envy and resentment from some people who covet wealth plays a huge part in the unhealthy intrusive ownership that's projected by some.
Anyway, I'm waffling, but yeah.. I think he finds the attention....too much.
That video at Christ the Redeemer of everyone crowding/filming him? Yikes. :?
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby EvaAraujo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 pm

If I ever met him I would have like to stare at him for 5 minutes and then hug him for 5 more. We see so many pictures that i want to look at the reality for a while.

Then I would turn to his segurity guard and go: "I'm gonna hug him now, if I don't let go in 5 minutes... just wait 5 more and then you can drag me down..." LOL :lol:
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Postby fluffy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:18 am

i totally agree AdaL, the attention must be really hard for some folk. Of course some folk thrive with it (reality stars etc) but it must feel like being in a petri dish under a microscope at times.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby GMCarrey » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 am

If i met Jim i think first of all i would be amazed haha.
After that of coruse i should ask him politely for an autograph and photo and maybe a hug ^^.
Also i would ask some acting tips, since i want to be an actress as well :). And a good conversation with him would be nice.
Oh and of course i would tell him , that he saved my life kinda ^^.

Oh man.. i really hope this will come true some day ( soon :p lolz) .
Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them.
Jim Carrey
GMCarrey
All In Good Taste

Postby tlmarvin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Friday, February 12, 2016--6:55 am CST

I'd probably freak out at first, but then I would probably treat him with respect. I would treat him right. I would ask for his autograph in an adult manner. Hopefully someday, I will meet him. So, that's why I hope he'd comes to Dallas, Texas someday.

Sincerely,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas,USA)

P.S. I would try to be calm and say "Nice to meet you". "Have a great day."
Last edited by tlmarvin on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby fluffy » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:04 pm

lol...........i think my husband would shake his hand then say 'sod this, let's go for a pint (beer) and they'd be off down the pub before i managed to squeak a 'hello'. :lol: ...actually if he ever does come to Scotland we'd be more than happy to give him the guided tour of the place. If he puts on a Scottish accent and looks a bit scruffy he can pretty much have the freedom of the whole country, no-one will bat at an eye-lid. :lol: No-one will ever expect him to visit Scotland.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:57 pm

fluffy wrote:lol...........i think my husband would shake his hand then say 'sod this, let's go for a pint (beer) and they'd be off down the pub before i managed to squeak a 'hello'. :lol: ...actually if he ever does come to Scotland we'd be more than happy to give him the guided tour of the place. If he puts on a Scottish accent and looks a bit scruffy he can pretty much have the freedom of the whole country, no-one will bat at an eye-lid. :lol: No-one will ever expect him to visit Scotland.

I can see him going for that..
*swoons over beautiful Scotland*
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Scotland is a country which is guaranteed to make folk smile :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby AdaL » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:59 am

fluffy wrote:Scotland is a country which is guaranteed to make folk smile :D

Aggh, I love it so much. Only ever been once but it was paradise. I SO want to go back.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby JimCarreyschick » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:37 am

If I was to see Jim Carrey here in Canada where I live, I'd be excited and start laughing but if I would be by myself I would try to collect myself and then casually walk over and greet Jim and say "hi Jim How are you?" and "How's your day going?" and start up a conversation. If I'd be with my boyfriend and friends and saw Jim I would just go up to Jim and say "hi Jim How are you?" and then I'd introduce him to my boyfriend and friends and ask "would you like to come with us for a drink or for dinner?" if he said "yes" that would be great and my boyfriend would crack all sorts of jokes and Jim and him would have a really fun time, if he'd say "unfortunately I won't be able to" or "no thanks" I would say okay that's fine and I'd also respect him and respect his wishes. I would treat him with respect and also give him his space as well.

Jen :)
JimCarreyschick
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Canadian Jayne » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 am

Probably not recognize him
When I'm really focused on something
I see very little around me
A few people say the have tried to get my
atention but I was too focused on other things
to notice
Being focused is a miracle in itself for me
I hope he's not insulted
I also believe they have their own life too
let them breathe and they just may come
to u when you're not looking :)
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby fluffy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:19 pm

let them breathe and they just may come
to u when you're not looking

just like love........ :wink: :D
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Previous

Return to The Speakeasy