Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: :(

Postby fluffy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:09 pm

One thing that's bothering me is the lack of confidentiality. If Jim did have those conditions surely her ex husband is on very rocky ground for revealing this medical information to the world.Surely he's opened himself up to being sued?...He's broke though, which makes me think there's a bigger beast behind this who can afford it. They have bigger things to worry about though, like the fact that members are deserting like rats and writing books about it. The book by Miscavige's dad makes interesting reading, i highly recommend it.
Fluffy

Image
User avatar
fluffy
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 20509
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit.

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:19 pm

fluffy wrote:This is getting really dirty now......it says more about the moral ineptitude of her ex husband and his hideous religion/cult though.
My thoughts are with her poor family .


Same here.
Her family hasn't said anything and he only people who should her family.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: :(

Postby EvaAraujo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:23 pm

I think thisis all a mess but I'm still with Jim.
I think is all bullshit and he wouldn't go to court if he couldn't prove it.
A blood exam of both Jim and Cathriona (I'm assuming they did some toxicology exams) can shut the hell out of that jack***.

It pisses me off the nerve of some people.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
Image
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
User avatar
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Lisbon

Re: :(

Postby Canadian Jayne » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:18 am

Maybe she was afraid of her husband
and was in hiding
ONE never really know what's behind the scene
User avatar
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To
 
Posts: 5875
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: somewhereoutthere,Ontario, Canada

Re: :(

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:42 am

EvaAraujo wrote:I think thisis all a mess but I'm still with Jim.
I think is all bullshit and he wouldn't go to court if he couldn't prove it.
A blood exam of both Jim and Cathriona (I'm assuming they did some toxicology exams) can shut the hell out of that jack***.

It pisses me off the nerve of some people.


I agree. He could sit on that room, give their money and let them go as he stated, if he couldn't prove it. But some people will still say "he won because his lawyer was good."
User avatar
Serap E.
High Strung
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: :(

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 am

It was a marriage of convenience CJ. She needed a green card and he agreed to marry her to secure one, they never had a husband and wife relationship....they even lived in separate states...there was no domestic violence. I do think immigration should be involved though...the ex husband broke the law and they should be investigating this, apparently it's very common among US scientologists to marry non nationals to help them to stay in the USA.
Fluffy

Image
User avatar
fluffy
JCO Staff
 
Posts: 20509
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:03 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: :(

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:34 am

That J. Burpee wrote that she had a green card in a comment. Now i can understand how she took it.
User avatar
Serap E.
High Strung
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:33 am

fluffy wrote:One thing that's bothering me is the lack of confidentiality. If Jim did have those conditions surely her ex husband is on very rocky ground for revealing this medical information to the world.Surely he's opened himself up to being sued?...He's broke though, which makes me think there's a bigger beast behind this who can afford it. They have bigger things to worry about though, like the fact that members are deserting like rats and writing books about it. The book by Miscavige's dad makes interesting reading, i highly recommend it.



This parasite added that incredibly private and sensitive info after Jim stood his ground and didn't cave and write a cheque. There's one objective and that's to drag Jim's name through the mud publicly as much as possible and try and destroy his reputation because they know that none of these stupid claims in that lawsuit can actually be proved so they're just trashing him as much as they can. There's no way this hasn't been planned by them for some time.
STDs are nothing to be ashamed of at all and if those texts and letters are legit, all they are is an example of difficulties at the end of a relationship. And on the exact anniversary of her death, that's what those despicable people have chosen to do to remember her. Not to mention that they are COMPLETELY out of context.
The texts are suspicious too. For start, who keeps texts three years down the line and why on earth would this fake hubby be in possession of them? Unless they were obtained fraudently or outright faked, then the other option is that she was sharing all her correspondence with Jim, with the cult and they were gathering and keeping it for...oh, look at at that...extortion.
And why would she have him saved as 'Jim Carrey' in her phone? Surely if you're dating someone high profile and you want to keep it quiet and preserve yours and their privacy, you wouldn't make it quite THAT obvious who they were.
And why would they have her letter to Jim? She either decided to not send it and either - gave it to them and they kept it, or they stole it. Or ...copies were made of it.
I think you'll agree, it's most certainly not good, whatever they did.

The Miscavige thing is jaw dropping. As is the story of Paulette Cooper. Seriously google it to see what they're capable of against people who 'wrong' them. Better still, read the book - 'The Unbreakable Miss Lovely'.
Paulette wrote a book on their practices and they basically framed her for crimes and stalked and harrassed her relentlessly. Terrifying.
Also Leah Remini pre-empted what they were going to publicly say about her after she left the cult last year...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... l#comments

She's also got a reality show coming next year which will be centred around Scientology. Bet they're loving that..
Last edited by AdaL on Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:35 am

Serap E. wrote:That J. Burpee wrote that she had a green card in a comment. Now i can understand how she took it.


She also has deleted comments she made on Cathriona's instagram photos.
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:47 am

fluffy wrote:It was a marriage of convenience CJ. She needed a green card and he agreed to marry her to secure one, they never had a husband and wife relationship....they even lived in separate states...there was no domestic violence. I do think immigration should be involved though...the ex husband broke the law and they should be investigating this, apparently it's very common among US scientologists to marry non nationals to help them to stay in the USA.


They need all the help they can get. As you say, rats are deserting the sinking ship and their house of cards is starting to collapse.
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: :(

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:57 am

I read that since he's her next of kin, he got all her possessions, including her phone. But i have the same questions with you, Adal. Also, this phone must have had a password and i don't think a fake husband knows that. Plus, was she using the same phone for 2 years? Plus, maybe he used a recovery program to recover the messages. Is it legal to do this? Plus, isn't it a crime to leak two people's private messages?
User avatar
Serap E.
High Strung
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: :(

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:10 am

AdaL wrote:
Serap E. wrote:That J. Burpee wrote that she had a green card in a comment. Now i can understand how she took it.


She also has deleted comments she made on Cathriona's instagram photos.


And she and Cat's sister are not friends on facebook anymore. We're big stalkers! :lol: :lloyd:
User avatar
Serap E.
High Strung
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:15 am

Serap E. wrote:
AdaL wrote:
Serap E. wrote:That J. Burpee wrote that she had a green card in a comment. Now i can understand how she took it.


She also has deleted comments she made on Cathriona's instagram photos.


And she and Cat's sister are not friends on facebook anymore.



Oh, really? Do you know roughly when that happened?
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

Re: :(

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 am

No. I found it out yesterday when i was looking for mark's FB.
User avatar
Serap E.
High Strung
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:43 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:46 am

Serap E. wrote:No. I found it out yesterday when i was looking for mark's FB.


But they were definitely friends previously?
User avatar
AdaL
The Majestic
 
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm
Location: London, UK.

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests