Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit

Jim Carrey discussion on non-movie related topics or topics which doesn't fit anywhere else...

Re: :(

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Serap E. wrote:I read that since he's her next of kin, he got all her possessions, including her phone. But i have the same questions with you, Adal. Also, this phone must have had a password and i don't think a fake husband knows that. Plus, was she using the same phone for 2 years? Plus, maybe he used a recovery program to recover the messages. Is it legal to do this? Plus, isn't it a crime to leak two people's private messages?

I find it unlikely that her phone would be left to him. He may be legally down as her next of kin, but seeing as he wasn't living anywhere near her at the time, it doesn't quite ring true. Even if it was left to him, he would then start to rifle through her private texts, which would mean she either didn't have a passcode (unlikely seeing as she had a lot of sensitive stuff on there) or he knew it. And as you say, she hadn't changed her phone? You can back-up and restore so you preserve all old texts to each phone but..
And I would certainly hope that there's legal repurcussions to those actions. Some serious questions are going to be asked but Scientologists aren't known for their high intelligence..
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 pm

Yes. Jenny has a like and a comment under her photo on Aug 7. Only her friends can do those.
Serap E.
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:11 pm

Serap E. wrote:Yes. Jenny has a like and a comment under her photo on Aug 7. Only her friends can do those.

Aug this year?
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:19 pm

AdaL wrote:
Serap E. wrote:Yes. Jenny has a like and a comment under her photo on Aug 7. Only her friends can do those.

Aug this year?

Yes. So this happened short time ago.
Serap E.
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Serap E. wrote:
AdaL wrote:

Aug this year?

Yes. So this happened short time ago.

I think that's very telling.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby Serap E. » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:47 pm

I'm confused. What's your opinion?
Serap E.
The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Postby AdaL » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Well, there must be a reason for the unfriending in the last month.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:23 pm

irritatingly the phone will have been handed to him as her next of kin. But i do wonder if Cat was basically informing on Jim right from the start....and i wouldn't be surprised if Cat was basically a honey trap for Jim. She was young,slim, beautiful, artistic and Irish...it wouldn't surprise me if Scientology arranged for them to be at the same events so she could catch his eye.....they've been after Jim for years so i wouldn't put it past them.
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Postby tlmarvin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:04 am

Sunday, September 25, 2016--6:00 pm CST

I agree with you too. I'm sure Jim's nerves are probably shot over this lawsuit.
I believe it's a bunch of crap too. I hope and pray that Jim and his lawyer will win
this case. I've been praying for Jim Carrey every night. I'm gonna keep praying for him, I really hope they'll get this over with, so, Jim can get back to his life and put it all behind him. I hope these allegations doesn't ruin his career.

Sincerely,

Terry Marvin (Dallas, Texas)
tlmarvin
Fun With Dick And Jane

Postby AdaL » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:09 am

fluffy wrote:irritatingly the phone will have been handed to him as her next of kin. But i do wonder if Cat was basically informing on Jim right from the start....and i wouldn't be surprised if Cat was basically a honey trap for Jim. She was young,slim, beautiful, artistic and Irish...it wouldn't surprise me if Scientology arranged for them to be at the same events so she could catch his eye.....they've been after Jim for years so i wouldn't put it past them.

I was thinking something along the same lines. Like I said in my post upthread, either they have been spying, snooping and stolen her correspondence, faked it or she was always informing them of her contact with Jim. I think it's very plausible. There's just no way any of this is accidental. They haven't just stumbled across or found any of this stuff.

And yes, they have been after him for years. They wanted him for his fame and money. That puffy little weirdo Tom Cruise was sniffing around him for a while.
He invited him to his wedding and after reading what Leah Remini said, the wedding appeared to be a recruitment drive. She was told to ask Jennifer Lopez along because they wanted her too. And prior to that, early 2000, they were after him and Nic Cage.
So effing creepy.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby fluffy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:56 am

And yet people still join up........it amazes me. The irony is i can guarantee we know more about the 'religion' than most of the members because we've read up on it....they're not allowed to.......i wouldn't advise anyone to join Scientology and if anyone corners you for a stress test tell them to @*#@ off!!......(they tried to recruit in Scotland and we are such a tight fisted, cynical bunch they decided it wasn't worth their time or money....they're lucky there wasn't an 'old firm' football match on that day or they would have been run out of town....... :lol:
Fluffy
fluffy
JCO Staff

Re: Jim Carrey Statement about Lawsuit.

Postby sianlee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:29 am

I am feeling a little unsettled by all the news. I've loved Jim for a long time. I have literally just put all of my memerobilla in a display cabinet (expensive and hand assembled) and then heard all the news. After seeing all the information I can't help but feel a little shocked. I guess in the end we don't know who he really is, and I still hope and pray that it's not true... but yeah looking at my cabinet now... it's like it doesn't mean as much to me because I feel sad about what's happened? I just want them to prove that it's all fake!! He's been my idle since I was little :(
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby sianlee » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:37 am

Do you think the court could order Jim to take STD tests? If he does have them, then it's more inclined that she was right - and been so upset that she commuted suicide?

I wish it was over :(
sianlee
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby AdaL » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:22 am

sianlee wrote:Do you think the court could order Jim to take STD tests? If he does have them, then it's more inclined that she was right - and been so upset that she commuted suicide?

I wish it was over :(

Those stolen texts were from two and half years ago. Early 2013 to be precise. . a month after she married her 'husband'. But that has conveniently been forgetten by this disgusting Mark Burton whose focus is attacking Jim at any cost. You cannot contribute difficult relationships/arguments or problems to blame when it comes to suicide.
It is a very personal decision and she made it herself. We all have these issues - break-ups, stress, shitty things .. but for people who are struggling with depression, they can be too much. Nobody can predict this and in the abscence of someone approaching you to tell you they are going to take their life, you just cannot know.
Burton and his grotesque pals know that they won't make anything stick in court, but they are trying to trash Jim publicly before it gets to that stage and hope he caves and gives them money.
It's not going to happen.

Whatever an STD test may show is also irrelevant. There is no shame in having an STD, but there is infinite, intense and inescapable shame in attacking an innocent man and exposing the private business of a dead woman in order to extort money.
Last edited by AdaL on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
AdaL
The Majestic

Postby AdaL » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:30 am

fluffy wrote:And yet people still join up........it amazes me. The irony is i can guarantee we know more about the 'religion' than most of the members because we've read up on it....they're not allowed to.......i wouldn't advise anyone to join Scientology and if anyone corners you for a stress test tell them to @*#@ off!!......(they tried to recruit in Scotland and we are such a tight fisted, cynical bunch they decided it wasn't worth their time or money....they're lucky there wasn't an 'old firm' football match on that day or they would have been run out of town....... :lol:

I can't imagine there's too many Scottish Scientologists :lol:

They fare quite in England, I think. We're knee-deep in halfwits with more money than sense.
AdaL
The Majestic

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy