Jim Carrey Online

Posting Pics

We are always interested in hearing what you think of JCO or come with suggestions for new site features.

Posting Pics

Postby Filomena » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:46 am

Hi there

I tried to post some pics and followed the instructions exactly, but they didn't turn appear as pics in my post after I pressed Submit. Instead, I got the URL from the property box after I right clicked it.

They looked like this:

See? What am I doing wrong??

Tx
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby cotton » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:05 am

You are not doing anything wrong. I have had this problem a few times myself. For some reason JCO will not let me post pics from certain websites.
cotton
JCO Staff

Postby Gouliovandamn » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 am

yeah that is kind of weird how that works.... maybe the websites regester as something else.... or maybe your computers are just having a bad day and you could try again later....
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby carreyd away » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:50 am

Actually you aren't doing anything wrong. The wire services have specific codes written to keep people like us from "stealing" or linking the photos. They are for publications like US Weekly and city newspapers, you have to be a subscriber to use them. What I do is copy the photos to my computer hard drive, then post them on my photo web storage (like Photobucket or Yahoo pictures) then link them to this site. That's why on some of the posts I did awhile back I got a flame image instead of the Jim pictures, they tranferred the code to show the "fire" instead of the hot linked image. Bastards! I fixed their wagons! :lol:
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby Filomena » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing. It's good to know it wasn't me.

I guess if i find any more pictures to share, I'll just link to the site. But i'll always try to copy and paste first, just in case.
Filomena
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Postby Gouliovandamn » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:15 pm

i didnt know that.. that is good to know..
Gouliovandamn
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:18 pm

How about making that one can upload pictures from his own PC? I saw this on many other forums and it's great.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Return to Site / Forum Discussion