Jim Carrey Online

News about Lemony Snicket sequel?!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

News about Lemony Snicket sequel?!

Postby WhataboutVFD? » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:13 am

If you have information about a sequel please tell us!!!
WhataboutVFD?
Copper Mountain

Possible

Postby WhataboutVFD? » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:19 am

It would be great if Glenn Close plays Esmé Squalor & Tim Allen- Jerome Squalor :lol: & Tim Burton as director
WhataboutVFD?
Copper Mountain

http://www.cinematical.com/2005/05/27/lemony-snicket-not-bac

Postby WhataboutVFD? » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:40 am

Paramount Pictures is interested in another movie based based off the children's fantasy books Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. But the producers admitted that's a bit more complicated. "You have the creation of the world, and therefore they tend to be expensive. And there's Jim Carrey," producer Walter F. Parkes said. "You have to be absolutely certain that the market's there and the idea's there before you embark on that." This all sounds like producer double speak which means: not gonna happen.

Parkes did however announce that he's working on Master of Space and Time with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind director Michel Gondry, about a scientist who discovers a way to control reality.
WhataboutVFD?
Copper Mountain

http://www.unfortunatenews.com/story.20050527.html

Postby WhataboutVFD? » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:43 am

According to the producers of last year's Jim Carrey blockbuster "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events," a sequel might be on the way.

"We're talking about it," said Laurie MacDonald. "It's a tough movie, it was a big movie to mount, but it is being discussed. The movie did well, and the books just continue to grow in their popularity. They're really expanding, and a bigger audience (is there) because of the books."

Her longtime production partner, Walter F. Parkes, said any sequels would have to move quickly, as they've found themselves in a race against time.

"The issue is, could we get something going before the kids are of drinking age?" he laughed. "Our kids are growing up. ... [in the 'Harry Potter' movies,] that's the school where you're supposed to go to sophomore, junior and senior year and grow up. Our Baudelaire children are supposed to stay their little orphan selves. We'll see — we're getting together with Nickelodeon in the next couple weeks to discuss it."
WhataboutVFD?
Copper Mountain

http://www.unfortunatenews.com/story.200504271.html

Postby WhataboutVFD? » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:45 am

Siberling (director) and Carrey are keen to return for the sequel (which will mostly be drawn from the fifth book, The Austere Academy), but he's unsure if his young stars will be able to make it. 'Liam actually grew 4 inches during filming' laughs Siberling, 'Emily is 15, but she assures me that she's never going to change because her mom is small. And unfortunately the infants that play Sunny will have to be recast, because those little girls will be heading of to school.

He says, "I asked the studio how they were going to deal with the sequel. But they didn't want to talk about it until the first film was out.

"It's amazing. A script has not yet been worked on for the sequel, which I find a bit baffling.

"After all these obstacles on this I'm thirsting after an experience that will be brief, an intimate story that instead of shooting in seven months, I could shoot in seven weeks. It's kind of nice."
WhataboutVFD?
Copper Mountain

Postby KC8t80 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:33 pm

that would be awsome if they give the green light for the film.
I am part of an elite group of people......THE MEN OF JCO.

(Standing member since July 18th, 2005)

THE FEW AND THE PROUD!!!!
KC8t80
Dumb and Dumber To

URGENT!!!!!!!!!

Postby WhataboutVFD? » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:14 am

HEY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

IF YOU REALLY WANT A SEQUEL SIGN THIS PETITION PLEASE:

:arrow: :arrow: http://www.petitiononline.com/asoue2/petition.html

FOR SHIRLEY :!: JAJAJA

PLEASE SIGN IT!!!!
WhataboutVFD?