Jim Carrey Online

Lemony Snicket PC game

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Lemony Snicket PC game

Postby samurai_cable » Sun May 08, 2005 2:14 pm

I spent 6 hours yesterday just playing the PC game and I finished. This caused me to completely abandon my studies, but it was worth it. The fact that Jim did Olaf's voice just makes me so happy. Unlike other games where they have other people do the voices, it just bugs me. Emily Browning and Liam Aiken do their character's voices as well~ This makes the game very enjoyable.

The graphics are incredible; the interior designs of the various places the orphans visit are all really nice. I especially love what they've done with Olaf's mansion. I also love the horse radish factory. It's done with a nice amount of detail. The posters and paintings in Olaf's house are interesting to look at. Sure, some of them are repeated throughout the house, but they are nice to look at.

During the preparing Puttanesca task, whenever Violet walks past the room where Olaf is entertaining his troupe, he says something different. He recites a passage from Macbeth, and says other funny stuff. I also love the joke he tells right at the end of the game. It makes me happy that Jim did Olaf's voice, instead of anyone else. If he didn't do his own voice, I wouldn't have bought the game.

The puzzles in the game are fun to solve, but it can also get quite frustrating, as the control of direction is only on the keyboard. The character jerks around in a certain direction, rather than moving smoothly. But if you've gotten used to it when you play the Harry Potter PC games, then it won't be too much of a problem. The Harry Potter games are produced by the same company as the Lemony Snicket game.

I enjoyed all the little jokes they put it, as well as collecting the letters (e.g. W is for Wunderkind, which here means...). It has certainly stretched my vocabluary a bit, even if it is just 26 letters... i think they give different words each time you play it. You also collect eyes, hidden in all sorts of different places. There are 130 eyes in the game, and I only managed to find around 110 of them.

The characters look very much like they do in the movie :) Unfortunately, not much of Captain Sham is seen. Count Olaf just as Count Olaf is seen the most, while a bit is seen of Stephano. The music in the game is also enjoyable... but I don't think it's the same music from the soundtrack. I've written a lot.... has anyone else played the PC version? I think the PS version will be more enjoyable, but I still like the old-fashioned computer game.
"I decided that I wanted to make movies that would uplift people." - Jim Carrey
samurai_cable
I Love You Phillip Morris

Return to (2004) Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events