Jim Carrey Online

Carrey on Six Million Dollar Man & Lemony Snicket!

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Carrey on Six Million Dollar Man & Lemony Snicket!

Postby CinnamonGirl » Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:34 pm

Funny little interview from Comingsoon.net:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3796">www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3796</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
CinnamonGirl
Simon Birch

Re: Carrey on Six Million Dollar Man & Lemony Snicket!

Postby Belbee » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:04 am

Thanks CinnamonGirl! Here's the article:<br><br>Carrey on Six Million Dollar Man & Lemony Snicket!<br>Source: Chuck the Movieguy <br>Saturday, March 6, 2004 <br><br>Jim Carrey can next be seen in Focus Features' Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, opening March 19, but a bit further down the road he will star as The Six Million Dollar Man. Writer/director Todd Phillips is adapting the comedy at Dimension Films. The film will be based on the popular 70's TV show of the same name. The show, which starred Lee Majors as Astronaut, Colonel Steve Austin, followed the adventures of government agent who was half man, half machine as he solved crimes across the globe.<br><br>ComingSoon.net asked Carrey today what he will be bringing to the character. "I am Bionic," he said with laughter from the press. But which part? "Hey, hey! That's a sensitive part, they're working on that. Is it ready yet? Q! Help Me!" Of course, we couldn't stop laughing, as he continued, "You probably shouldn't report on this because I don't even know if it is going to happen or not, it's that far down the line, we're developing that script. It's a whole lotta fun. I love playing ego and insecurity combined. I guess that's the same thing, ego out of control. Six million dollars doesn't get you a lot in this world these days so you can kinda imagine where the plot is going."<br><br>But first you'll see Carrey as wily villain Count Olaf in Paramount's Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events this December. With clever disguises and outrageous schemes, Count Olaf is bent on swindling the Baudelaire orphans out of their family fortune.<br><br>"Oh man, its so much fun. Its such a different way to tell a children's story, its very original," he says about the film. "And it's an opportunity for me to show up as this crased thespian. He's an evil thespian, which is redundant actually... I was not aware of the books before, they asked me to read these books and I did. I thought it was a really original voice. For me it's an opportunity to have fun and throw on disguises and make these characters."<br><br>He adds that one of the characters was created on the spot. "One of the characters, we were planning on doing a completely different character, he had an Italian accent. I had everything worked out, the character's name is Stephano and they put the wig on me in the make up chair like 5 minutes before they were going to test this character and the wig had changed and I said it's not that character anymore. And they put this mustache on and it was all the elements of this character but they have been altered in a way and I said it's not that guy anymore. [Director Brad Silberling] came into the trailer and said, 'what do you mean he's changed? Who is it?' And I started speaking like the guy who belonged to the hair and that's where the character came from, literally 5 minutes before we started and it just kind of blossomed from there, they are really good with me improvising."<br>____________________________________________<br><br>Sounds like Jim's having fun, but really it must be a lot of pressure for him to come up with these characters on the spot, even tho he does enjoy doing that!<br> <p></p><i></i>
Belbee
Lemony Snicket

Return to (2004) Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events