Jim Carrey Online

Lemony Snicket - post when you see it

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Postby syd pridel » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:54 pm

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed ... endocument

someone may wish to know
i dont even know who he is
http://www.randomboo.com/

Exclamation of contempt occurring without definite aim reason or pattern

http://conscienceofconsciousness.randomboo.com/
syd pridel
High Strung

Postby Arutnev Eca » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:07 pm

I saw it in December 23rd and I loved it! The following day I bought the compilation of the first three Unfortunate Events books and while I read it I was amazed by how they managed to translate the style of the books into the movie. It was perfectly done. The storyline is a bit different, but I think the changes made in the movie are good (some of them even necessary).
Jim was great as Count Olaf and every character was really well played by the rest of the cast.

Can't wait for the DVD!
Arutnev Eca
The Dead Pool

Postby xmassmurdere » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:21 pm

i saw lemony snicket with some of my friends on the day it came out i was faboulous the makeup was so kool i hardly recognised Jim the nose was really kreepy by i liked it. it was cool when klaus gets slapped in the face by olaf that was when everyone in the theater stood up and was screamin like crazy
Jim is so good what would it be like without him?... the world would be a humble, sad place and all of us would not be here to talk about the faboulous Jim Carrey
xmassmurdere
Horton Hears a Who!

Postby Nevrandil » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:45 pm

Saw it in London on January 1st :D and I loooove it.
Nevrandil
Me, Myself & Irene

RE: Lemony snicket.

Postby Countess Olafina squalor » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:28 am

Stephano was cool.
I give it a++++++.
yours sincerly, Countess Olafina equalor
Countess Olafina squalor
The Majestic

Postby Violet_Baudelaire » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:04 am

I love this movie so much it's not even funny. I've seen it now four times and am planning on seeing it twice more (at least). I cannot believe how amazing Jim was in this one, I loved him as Count Olaf so much. In fact this movie is what got me hooked on him! :D
Violet_Baudelaire

Postby Lloyd Christmas » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:19 am

Rated: PG
Starring: Jim Carrey, Meryl Streep, Jude Law.

December 17th, The day Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events came out to theaters, I was sitting at home hanging out with my friends and we were gonna check this movie out the first day it came out - but at the last minute my friend bail's out and I had no ride to go, weeks past by and still have no money to see this film, untill yesterday when my family and myself finally got to see this awesome/creepy flick.

Now some of you are might thinking your just saying this because it's a 'Jim Carrey' movie and you like him, well actually that anit the reason, indeed I idolize the man but when I seen previews for this the first time it came to television I was blown away, I seen the behind the scene's on MTV and it was incredible on how the set of the movie was built, all of it was real - the street, houses, water, you name it - and it was definitely real.

Jim Carrey and Meryl Streep in “Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.”

The plot to this movie is IMO un-like any other, three orphans; Violet, Klaus, & Sunny Baudelaire are stranded when they find out that their parents have died in a horrible fire accident and are forced to live with Uncle/Cousin long story... Count Olaf (Jim Carrey) :-p And when they arrive their you might think he is such a great fella but once those doors close he is a changed man, a creepy/evil man that is. The three oprhans move to various relatives that they don't know when they find out Coutn Olaf wants to kill them and they encounter lots of stuff on the way, as well as different charecters played by non-other then Count Olaf himself in other words is in 'actor', I don't want to give anything away since you really have to check the movie out to get to know it better.

Based on the three popular Lemony Snicket books, this though is all squeezed in one movie and if you read the books then you would know when you watch the movie of what I am talking about. The acting was great, The kids potrayed a good part in the movie in one scene Count Oalf backslaps Klaus in the face in which was different in some people's eyes because Jim diden't really play the 'funny/comical' guy we all know in this he was an evil fella with mixtures of comcialness in him. His improving on stuff was halrious as wall as Meryl Streep playing a curious lady, and Jude Law narrating throughout the movie was well put together and really was great.

If your a fan of the books, and a fan of Jim Carrey (like myself) this is worth a look, I myself have never read any of the books - but this movie did catch my eye, and I will indeed pick this right up once it hit's stores on DVD, All in all a very good movie in my eyes I enjoyed it and I woulden't mind watching it again.

Out of 5 Stars
Lloyd Christmas
Peggy Sue Got Married

Postby Undomiel » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:22 pm

it was a GREAT movie! My mom was sure that John Cleese played Montgomery Montgomery(just hade to write it like that :lol: ) but I was sure that it was the guy from Muppet Treasure Island.. And I was right 8)

Well I really enjoyed the movie :D
Undomiel
The Majestic

Postby Lana » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:45 pm

I've seen the movie three times and I'll see it again. It's one of my favorite Jim Carrey movies. It is really great.
I loved the whole scene when the orphans meet Count Olaf and I loved Stephano and Captain Sham they are really funny.
I think Sunny was really funny in the movie but isn't she the baby that plays Emma in F.R.I.E.N.D.S?[/code][/url]
Charades , pop skill , Water hyacinth , named by a poet. Imitation of life.
>>>>tangerine<<<<
Lana
Dumb & Dumber

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:10 pm

I saw the movie yesterday and I must say that it is pretty good. I didn't expect that it would be that good. There were lots of funny things, for example the beginning where I first thought for a second that I am in the wrong movie or the ending where is said how Olaf was punished and then that he had good lawyers in reality :D . I also didn't expect that Jim would play such an evil role where he kills people and hits children. He played Count Olaf and the other guys that are in reality also Olaf really good :D . Perhaps I am going to read the Lemony Snicket books, his writing and humour seem to be very funny.
Was the uncle with the snakes played by Monty Python by the way?
Last edited by -->Blunt<-- on Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby THE 5th KIND » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:27 am

i really enjoyed it too.-the different figures were awesome, and i loved
the costumes and set-design....wow!-Jim`s Stephano was the funniest,
i laughed till i cried.-
but, it seemed to me as if some scenes are missing.-
there have been some pics in the net, i have not seen in the movie.-
like count olaf driving an "one wheel-vehicle".-and there have been a few more.-
maby it`s an "short-cut german version", i don`t know.-
what`s the american age-release?
THE 5th KIND
Me, Myself & Irene

Postby Rosana » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:05 am

I'm a big fan of Jim Carrey and had really anticipated this movie - finally I saw it two days ago when it came out in cinemas here in Denmark. I absolutely enjoyed this movie!
I've read the books and the movie does go out of order from the books. The second and third books are not so much in it. And the ending of the movie finishes with the ending of book one. I do think it worked out well and I didn't have a problem with it. But I would have loved to see more of Captain Sham and I wouldn't have mind some more details. Though I realize it's rather difficult to squeeze it all in in only two hours.
The story is told through Jude Law (and I was very curious to see how they were going to make it out) I think they did a really good job and Law was perfect as Lemony Snicket. Sunny is absolutely adorable in the movie! I really loved her; she steals every scene she is in. The captions you have to read to understand what she means is as well hilarious. Meryl Streep played Aunt Josephine brilliant, and Violet and Klaus were great portrayed. Good performance! Oh and there is also a cameo from Dustin Hoffman which is funny.
Jim Carrey was fabulous! I really liked how he portrays Count Olaf. Although Count Olaf is a terrible person, Jim makes him likeable. It's a shame Captain Sham and Stephano weren't in it so much I think they are hilarious. I don’t think Jim went overboard at all, because Count Olafs character is suppose to be over dramatic and suppose to steal attention.
It's a great movie, with good acting and amazing scenery and special effects. I enjoyed it a lot! I can't wait to see it again and get it on dvd!

I hope everyone enjoys it when they go see it.

Rating:
7/10
Rosana
Finders Keepers

Postby Rosana » Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:06 am

I'm a big fan of Jim Carrey and had really anticipated this movie - finally I saw it two days ago when it came out in cinemas here in Denmark. I absolutely enjoyed this movie!
I've read the books and the movie does go out of order from the books. The second and third books are not so much in it. And the ending of the movie finishes with the ending of book one. I do think it worked out well and I didn't have a problem with it. But I would have loved to see more of Captain Sham and I wouldn't have mind some more details.
The story is told through Jude Law (and I was very curious to see how they were going to make it out) I think they did a really good job and Law was perfect as Lemony Snicket. Sunny is absolutely adorable in the movie! I really loved her; she steals every scene she is in. The captions you have to read to understand what she means is as well hilarious. Meryl Streep played Aunt Josephine brilliant, and Violet and Klaus were great portrayed. Good performance! Oh and there is also a cameo from Dustin Hoffman which is funny.
Jim Carrey was fabulous! I really liked how he portrays Count Olaf. Although Count Olaf is a terrible person, Jim makes him likeable. It's a shame Captain Sham and Stephano weren't in it so much I think they are hilarious. I don’t think Jim went overboard at all, because Count Olafs character is suppose to be over dramatic and suppose to steal attention.
It's a great movie, with good acting and amazing scenery and special effects. I enjoyed it a lot! I can't wait to see it again and get it on dvd!

I hope everyone enjoys it! :D

Rating:
7/10
Rosana
Finders Keepers

and what?

Postby love4carrey » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:46 pm

i saw it a while ago, i dont are what anyone says, his hottness beamed through the diguises still! NOONE, i repeat NOONE can diguise such sexiness
love4carrey
Introducing Janet

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:08 am

I have heard that they orginally made a more violent version of Leomony Snicket but took a less violent one for the cinema. But perhaps the violent version will be on the DVD.
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

PreviousNext

Return to (2004) Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events