Jim Carrey Online

Do you think they'll show Jim (olaf) and Emily (violet)kiss?

Discuss this movie. Available on DVD and Blu-ray.

Do you think they'll show Jim (olaf) and Emily (violet)kiss?

Postby moviebuff » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:46 pm

I've beeb wondering this for a while now.
Do you think they'll show Jim (olaf) and Emily (violet) kiss during the wedding scene?
I mean, think about it... it's a wedding and people usually kiss. Not to mention that (if any of you have read the books then you know) but through out the whole series, Olaf has this weird thing for Violet. Take for example the end of the first book, right after Olaf married Violet, he turns to the crowd and announces how he so brilliantly married her right under their noses. Then Olaf continues to say, and I quote - this is weird - Olaf says about Violet, "Now my bride and I must go home for our wedding night!"
But i can't help but think if there was a kiss between them, we would hear about it by now. What do you guys think?

Kate
"The World is Quiet Here"
moviebuff
Finders Keepers

Postby carreypunkrawker » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:01 pm

I doubt it. I think Jim would think it would be weird to kiss a girl that young. They may even have to go to Alabama or Georgia to do the scene. . . haha. just kidding. no offense to anyone who lives in Alabama or Georgia. (I live in Georgia.) lol. but still, I don't think there will be. I'll be surprised if there is!
carreypunkrawker
A Christmas Carol

Postby kkvillegas13 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:54 am

I have read the books all of them and in the book they do not kiss beause it is a "play", so I don't think they will kiss, but now that you have got me thinking about it half of me thinks there might be something, and you are right about Olaf haveing a thing for Violet, most of the time in the first book though.
Last edited by kkvillegas13 on Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All I ask is that you do each and everything that pops into my head, While enjoy the fortune you parents left behind.
kkvillegas13
In Living Color

Postby moviebuff » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:38 am

I think there will be a kiss, even if it's a peck on the check. And I'm willing to bet that Jim will make it seem real weird and creepy to add suspence to the scene.

Kate
moviebuff
Finders Keepers

Postby -->Blunt<-- » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:08 pm

There could be a kiss but the actors normally don't kiss each other in reality, it only seems to be so for the watcher. So there should be no problem or is even that forbidden in most countries in America because the girl is so young?
I'm qì, my friend.
-->Blunt<--
Yes Man

Postby Erin » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:34 pm

That would be nasty.
Erin
Introducing Janet

Postby idle kid city » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:16 am

Yeah I was wondering about this too, but kinda put it in the back of my mind. I'm not sure what'll happen but I'm thinkin there might be a peck on the cheek like moviebuff said but I dunno...we'll see..
idle kid city
Man on the Moon

Postby moviebuff » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:18 pm

Here's my predicition!

There WILL be a kiss!

HOWEVER, there won't be a kiss on the lips, cause it there was, we would have heard about it by now.

I do think that, in the movie, when the judge announces "you may now kiss the bride", Olaf (Jim) will lean in to kiss Violet (Emily) with his eyes closed . But, at the last second, Violet will turn her head away and when she looks up at Olaf, we'll see that menacing glint in his eye because he really wanted to kiss her. This will make the situation both amusing and creepy.
That's just what I think'll happen.

Kate
moviebuff
Finders Keepers

KISSES

Postby Canadian Jayne » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:53 pm

sTOLEN KISSES
I had just turned 16 and I wanted my first 16th year old kiss to be
special. My sister took me downtown for the first time.
We were in Yorkdale in Toronto and we were
just walking along the sidewalk and a guy grabbed my face and gave me
a great big smack on the lips, it was so sudden, my sister laughed,
and laughed and laughed.
I was surprised :shock: irritated, :x embarrassed :oops: and put out that someone would steal a kiss from me, :-s x
especially on my 16th birthday, I wanted to choose who I kissed.
I THINK MY SISTER SET ME UP. 8)
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby Kristen Baudelaire » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:27 pm

I don't think that Violet will kiss Count Olaf in the movie. She is too young and nobody would allow an actress that young to kiss a man.
Kristen Baudelaire
The Dead Pool

Postby LSfan4life » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:57 pm

Count Olaf doesn't kiss Violet in the book, so why should it happen in the movie?
The sad truth is that the truth is sad.
LSfan4life
Copper Mountain

Return to (2004) Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events